three

Curiosity 

"Before you can see the light you have to deal with the darkness"

Dan Millman

Chapter 3 

Harry's Pov

"Cat?" I spoke trying to get her attention. She was staring down at the palms of her hands. Her brow knitted together; probably trying to connect the dots. 

"So you killed the girls but you didn't kill them?" she finally asked. 

"Sort of. I didn't actually kill them." I reassured her, taking a seat next to her. 

"Were those their real bodies then?" she finally looked up to me. 

"Well not really, they were look alikes." 

"So clones?" 

"No, if we'd figured out how to make clones we'd be out of this mess." 

"Then what are they?" 

"They're old died bodies. We had surgery done on them to make previous dead bodies so they look like the girls." 

"So where are the real girls?" 

"That's where you come in. All we know is that they're with old boss, we just aren't quite sure where he and the girls are. We need your experience and tools to help us find them."

"Caleb's your old boss isn't he?" She asked. After the words came out of her mouth she looked like she regretted saying it. 

"How do you know who Caleb is?" I asked her. 

"I overheard you taking with the guys and Annabelle." She said. 

"About that; I would stop eavesdropping." 

"I wasn't. I was coming to complain and tell you guys I wasn't staying in that shitty room. You guys were talking about something important it sounded like so I didn't want to interrupt." 

"You were listening to the conversation weren't you?" 

She nodded slowly. 

"Then that's eavesdropping babe." I smirked. 

She rolled her eyes which made me chuckle. 

"You hungry?" I asked getting up from the couch. 

"Sure." She said. 

"I'll call in for pizza." I said. I went into the kitchen and picked up the phone. I dialed the number and held it to my ear. 

Cat's Pov

Harry left to the kitchen to order some pizza. 

Harry basically told me that this crime scene was all set up to get me. The three supposedly dead girls have been kidnapped by Harry's old boss. Harry still hasn't told me a couple things; what the hell is going on between him and his boss and why the three girls are kidnapped, his relation between the three girls, why he needs me for his mess, and why his old boss is doing this. 

I realized with the questions he answered it only left me even more questions. Questions I may not get answers for any time soon. 

I wonder if my work is trying to find me right now. I want to go back to my apartment, where I've lived for 2 years. As much I want to help those poor girls that have been kidnapped, this is dangerous. For all I know Harry could be lying about everything. He could've actually killed them and I was his next victim. 

Harry walked back into the room. "Pizza should be here in twenty." He informed me. 

I nodded. "Harry can I ask you a question?" I spoke. 

He nodded in response. 

"Out of all the detectives in Boston why did you choose me?"

"You're smart." He simply replied.

"So are my co-workers."  

"Your other co-workers didn't find my note. You did. Therefore you’re the smart one." He explained. 

He was right. All of those detectives looking around for clues didn't find the note. Even if it just looks like a piece of trash on the ground you should always make sure it isn't something we can use to solve the case. 

"Your things are in the guest bedroom down the hall. Annabelle went and got somethings from your apartment." 

"You guys broke into my apartment?" I almost yelled. 

"Well do you want some of your belongings here or not?" He asked. His tone was a bit louder than normal. 

"Yes, but you could've asked me to go into my apartment to get my belongings." I said. 

This boy frustrates me so much. He has the nerve to break into my apartment, pack some of my belongings and he thinks I'm okay with it? No, I'm not. 

"Why don't I get a say in this?" I yelled. "I mean you literally kidnapped me and now you’re making me help you get out of your shit that you got into!" 

There was a knock on the door before Harry could say anything. He got up and answered the door to the pizza delivery guy. Expect there was something different about this pizza guy. 

Harry quickly slammed the door, quickly locking it behind him. 

"Cat we need to go now." Harry told me. His face was serious. There was pounding on the door. 

"Harry don't you want your pizza?" The man’s voice sounded really creepy. 

"Harry who is that?" My voice was hushed and a bit shaky. I was scared, I do have to admit. 

"Cat, now." Harry demanded. The pizza man was now pounding on the door. 

I ran over to him and he told me to be quiet. He walked over to the door before turning to me. 

"When I say 'Go!' I need you to run, down the stairs, and to the back of this building. I want you to take my phone and call one of the boys when you get to the back of the building." He whispered to me. 

I nodded and he pointed to his phone on the coffee table. I tiptoed over there grabbing it slipping it into my back pocket. 

With his fingers he held up 3, then 2, and then 1. When he reached 1 he swung the door open, charging at the pizza man. 

"Go!" Harry yelled struggling to hold the man against the wall. I ran as fast as I could finding the way to the stairs. I jolted down the stars and followed the exit signs. My breathing was quickening the more I ran. I reached the door that said exit. I pushed and was hit with the sunlight. Once my eyes were adjusted I ran to the back of the apartment building. 

I quickly pulled out Harry's phone. I was greeted by a password. 

"Shit." I cursed. 

I thought about trying my pass code for my phone. Maybe somehow, some way he might have the same password as me. 

I taped 7521 and to my surprise it worked. Weird. 

I quickly scrolled threw his contacts and found one of the boys' names. Niall. I hit call and held it up to my ear. 

Once I heard the ringing stop I spoke. 

"Niall we need help. Now." 

Gif of Cat trying to process everything on the side