five

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody." 

Mark Twain

Chapter 5

The wind blew strands of hair in my face. Talking my fingers, I pulled one strand back and tucked it behind my ear. I wrapped my arms around myself trying to keep myself somewhat warm seeing I had nothing but my thin shirt on. 

I followed Annabelle, Liam, Niall, Louis, Zayn, and Harry to a tall office building. I stepped inside of the building being impact by the warmth the building was providing. 

We went up to the front desk where a lady, probably in her late forties, starred at the computer screen in front of her. Zayn cleared his throat getting her attention. 

"How may I help you?" The lady spoke. 

"We would like to see Mr. Dairs. He's expecting us." Zayn spoke.

"Your name?"

"Zayn."  

"Alright let me just give him a call to tell him your here." She smiled before picking up the telephone. She pressed some buttons on the keypad before holding the phone up to her ear. 

"Hello, Mr. Daris. We have a group here who says you are expecting them? One of them is named Zayn?" She spoke into her phone. 

"Alright. They will be up shortly." She said before hanging up the phone. 

"Alright go on up. Floor eight." She smiled at us before returning to her work on her computer. 

We headed towards the elevator. Harry pressed the up button and we waited for a ding. Once the elevator made the noise we stepped into the confined space. The ride was silent as we were lifted up to the eighth floor. 

The elevator went ding once more, before the sliding metal door opened. We stept into the office floor, where there were people starring at computer screens in cubes. Clicks echoed thought out the room from fingers tapping against the keys on the keyboard. 

Not many people looked up from what they were doing when we had stepped out of the elevator. 

"I believe it's this way." Zayn said taking the lead. 

I followed the group in front of me to an office door. Zayn politely knocked three times before stopping and waiting. 

"Come in." A male voice said faintly; most likely because of the shut door. 

Zayn turned the door knob opening up the door. We walked into to a quite big office. It had a small black leather couch, black coffee table in front of the couch, two black reclining chairs, colorful painting hung on the walls, there was a television hung up on the wall in the corner of the office, a modern desk sat in the back of the room with an swivel chair. On top of the black polished desk was a computer and some office supplies. 

"Hello boys and Annabelle." He greeted them. I'm not so sure he had spotted me yet. I can tell that the man was tall, lean and was fairly built. His hair was a dark brown and looked as if he was in his early fifties. From a distance I could see he had brown eyes. Since he was sitting behind the desk, I could see he wore a light blue button up shirt and a dark blue tie. 

There were some hellos from the boys and Annabelle. 

"And you must be Cat." He turned to me. I nodded in response seeing I was lost at words.