thirty-two

Chapter 32

I pull up to the warehouse. In my headlights I see a familiar figure. I smile to myself and take the keys out of the car. I don't bother getting my bag, but I do grab the wooden toy and get out of the car. I run towards him and wrap my arms around him. He wraps his arms around my waist. Just like my dream when I ran too him after Niall told me to get out of the house, I felt safe in Harry's arms. I don't even care that it's a thunderstorm and my hair and clothes are getting wet.

"I've missed you so much," Harry says pulling away from the hug, "I'll get your bag, and you need to go sleep." 

"Thank you," I say to him and hand him the car keys. I remember I still don't know the code to the warehouse but when I look it's already cracked open. I walk into my home. The smell that I’ve missed so much came to my senses and it felt good. I smile to myself, making my way to my room. It feels weird to be back but at the same time it feels good.

There was a slight knock on my door before it opened. "Here's your bag." Harry says to me. 

"Thank you I say taking it and setting it on the bed. I started taking the things I had out of it. I could see Harry was in the room from the reflection from the window that looked like it was replaced since I was gone. 

"Do you want any help?'' He asks. 

I was about to answer but as I looked in the window there was a figure that appeared for a second then disappeared. It startled me. 

"Harry, something’s out there." I say, I could hear fear in my voice.

"I saw it too." He says walking to the window, "Go get the boys and tell them to get the guns. We need to go outside and look around." 

I leave the room and walk down the long narrow hallway. My room was farther than the rest of the rooms. As I'm walking the lights shut off. 

"Cat?" I hear Harry call. 

The only light that was showing was the lightning that came every five seconds from the window at the very end of the hallway. A bright light flashes and I see the same figure walk past the window. "Harry!" I call, with my heart beat quickening. The door only a few feet in front of me opens and a body frame like Niall comes out. 

"Cat, what's going on?" He asks. I would run to him and hug him but I was as scared as ever right now. 

"Someone’s outside. We need to get the others." I tell him. I hear footsteps start to walk towards me, I feel my heart skip a beat at the possibility of it being whoever is out there but I calm a little when I realize its Harry. Niall heads down the hall to go get the rest of the boys and Annabelle.

"What happened?" He asks me. 

"The figure, I just saw it walk past that window." I say. 

"He's found us." I hear harry mutter under his breath, "Cat, when Niall comes back with the others, you and Annabelle need to go down in the basement, grab a flashlight and a gun. Lock yourself and Annabelle down there. Under any circumstances don't you unlock that door and come out. I expect Annabelle to do the same. When the coast is clear we will knock three times, with a pause and then four times. Understand?" 

"No what happens if something happens to you and the boys?" I ask.

"We don't know who it is out there. It could just be some homeless person wanting to get shelter from the rain." 

"But what if it's Alex? And if it is Alex we don't know how many of his people are out there." 

"Cat, I'm not going to repeat myself. Just do as I told you too." Harry says in a stern tone.