forty-four

Chapter 44

Cat

Harry and I sat on Sammy’s couch as we waited for Jo or Sammy to come home. I told them I would watch Camren and Stefan until one of them came home from work. Jo really wanted me to bond with the kids since I was their last aunt, but I don’t think Sammy appreciated the idea of me babysitting his kids for some reason.

“Cat I’m hungry,” Stefan hops onto the couch next to me. I looked at the clock seeing it was six.

“Well I’m sure your mom or dad will be home soon why don’t you wait for them?” I say.

“But I’m hungry,” Stefan repeats himself in a more whiney voice. 

“Well Mr. Hungry what would you like?” Harry asks.

“Ice cream!” Stefan screams with a giant smile on his face.

“For dinner? I don’t know about that,” I say.

“Please?” Stefan begs.

“Alright fine as long as you keep it a secret. Okay?” I say getting up and picking him up. I walk to the kitchen and set Stefan on the counter. I search the freezer for the tube of ice cream. When I find it I dish three scoops of ice cream into a bowl and hand it to Stefan.

“Yesterday after noon there was a robbery at a gas station. There were two robbers whose first names Cat and Harry were identified. The robber by the name of Harry was shot by the owner of the gas station and he was later killed by the second robber going by the name of Cat. The robbery was recorded by a customer in the store as you can see now,” I hear the TV in the other room say.

“You know what why don’t you go eat that in your room as long as you promise not to make a mess okay?”

“I promise I won’t,” Stefan smiles and I set him down from the counter. He runs upstairs to his room. I walk back into the living room to where Harry was concentrated on the Television. I look on the television screen where it shows the robbery from a poor quality camera.

“Will that get us into trouble?” I ask joining Harry back on the couch.

“Well they only know our names and from what it sounded like they think we used fake names. The only way they could really identify us is by either our voices or eyes. And identifying someone by voice is unlikely and hardly accurate and from the quality of the video it’s probably impossible for them to correctly identify our eyes. We should be good,” Harry explains.

“If you have any information on the two robbers please contact the police. Back to you Scott,” The reporter says after the video ended. Harry shut it off when they said that they were going to talk about the weather.

“When’s your brother going to get here?” Harry asks impatiently.

“I don’t know? Why are you in such a hurry?” I ask.

“Because we need to say goodbye,” Harry says.

My eyebrows knit together, “Goodbye to who?”

“The boys they’re all leaving like they had planned to a while ago, and Caleb, Rebekah, Kol and Elijah are going to Montana because they heard information about Dalia being there.” Harry says. 

“Why didn’t anyone tell me this?” I ask.

“Well when we got back yesterday you went off to bed and they told me when you were asleep.”