eighteen

Please pay extra attention to this chapter. This might be the most important chapter of the whole book! Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 18

C A T

"Does Harry know about this?" I asked.

"I don't think he remembers. He killed to many people he probably can't remember one face that he killed." Liam said.

That makes me have a unsettling feeling in my stomach. I know that Harry killed people but how many lives has he taken?

"Should we tell him?" I asked.

"I'm not sure we should. I mean he's having a hard time dealing with Chrissy's death and betrayal. We should wait a while to tell him."

I nod agreeing with him, he hasn't been acting himself since he found out what Chrissy was doing. He's been quiet, and acts either angry or sad. I can see why though. Chrissy was Harry's love and Chrissy was just using him to get him killed. In all honesty she deserved her death for what she did. I just hope that Alex or Caleb are next to die on our list.

Liam and I continue reading Alex's profile for a while then I decide to get ready for work. I put on casual clothes and put on not a lot of makeup. I clean my room and have a little more breakfast. By the time I'm done it's time to go to work.

I'm about to walk out the door when Harry calls my name stopping me. "Cat wait." I turn around and face Harry.

"You're not going to work alone with no protection." He said.

"I can protect myself." I state.

"And what happened the last time you said that?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes answering, "I got kidnapped."

"Exactly so since your little bastard friend can't go because of his uncle, meet your new partner in crime; Annabelle Stone." He said as Annabelle walked out.

I was about to argue with Harry but Annabelle cut me off. "I wouldn't argue with him honey, he's determined to not let anything happen to you and since I'm the only one not wanted by the city of Boston, It's nice to meet you detective buddy." She grinned widely throwing her arm over my shoulder.

"First off it's not called detective buddy," I say smacking her arm off my shoulder, "It's just partner. And second, ow the hell did you get a job as my partner?"

"Feisty are we today?" She asked sarcastically. "And there's such thing as a fake resemay that Louis can make like that." She said snapping her fingers.

"You're going to get me fired if my boss finds out that you made a fake resamay." I say.

"That won't happen if you just play along with it." She says.

"Play along with what?"

"Well, my new name for work is Camila Kezey." She smiled.

"Well, we're going to be late Detective Kezey if you don't hurry up." I say playing along to the scam. Camila and I say goodbye to everyone who was now up and eating in the kitchen.

"You're going to have to give me a quick summery on the case you're working on, on the way to work." She says getting in the car.

I explain to her the case about the twins being shot in the exact same places and foot prints of blood walking away from the crime scene.

"That sounds kind of gory don't you think?" She asked.

"And tying up Chrissy to a pole, shooting her, and strangling her to death isn't gory?"