thirteen

Chapter 13

"Harry?" I called. 

"Yes?" He asked walking into my room. 

"Which do you like better?" I asked holding up two shirts. The one in my left hand was a black and white striped sweater and the second one was a black leather jacket with a white silk shirt. 

"What's the occasion?" He asked folding his arms. 

"Jake is going to teach me how to track burner phones." I say. 

"You can't wear what you’re wearing now?" 

"Harry just choose one." 

"Leather jacket." 

"Thank you." 

"Do you like him?" Harry asked. 

"I don't hate him." 

"Seriously Cat."

"I don't know. Why do you care anyway?" I ask starting to get annoyed. 

"There's something about him I don't like." He said. 

I set the clothes on the bed and folded my arms. "You haven't even met him." 

He put his hands up, "Have fun tonight Cat. I don't want to get you all worked up." Then he walked out. 

I took a deep breath calming myself down. I change into my clothes then look at the time. 6:45. I get my bad and the phone number to the burner phone then walk out o my room. 

"Niall?" I called. I don't like driving at night. Not since the crash. 

The was no answer. "Zayn?" 

No answer.

"Everyone but me is gone." Harry said coming out from the kitchen. "What do you need?" 

"I need someone to drive me to Jake's house." 

"I'll take you." He said. He grabbed his car keys on the kitchen counter.

I follow him out to the car and get in the passenger seat while Harry gets in the drivers. 

"Where does he live?" I tell him the address and he said he's been around there. 

"Sorry I'm having you take me. It's just since the crash I haven’t been able to drive in the dark." 

"No, I get it. It's fine." He said. 

"Where did the others go?" I ask. 

"They went to go take care of Kylie's body." Harry says. 

"Harry what the hell. You could've told me. I need to be there for Annabelle. You don't know what she's going through." I say. 

"Cat. You’re still recovering from your sister's death." 

"I'm not still recovering. It's been years since the wreck Harry." 

"Cat think about it. You are still afraid to drive a car when it's dark, you are too afraid to go back home because of what your friends and family might say to you and you don't like to talk about the crash. You’re still recovering." 

"And you aren't?" 

"I never said I was fine with the fact my parents are dead because of the fire I started but I'm not going to deny that I'm not okay with it." He said. 

"So I'm in denial now?" 

"Stop throwing words in my mouth Cat." 

"What is with you? You won't stop trying to pick a fight with me today will you?"