№35|It's A Matter Of Trust

Start from the beginning

“What’s wrong mommy?” Eloise asked, peeking her head over the table.

“More fires,” Gabriella sighed, “but that’s grown up stuff honey, we’ll deal with it. How was school?”

Eloise perked up, “amazing, mommy! I got my Water Magi down some! Wanna see?”

“Sure,” Gabriella smiled as she watched Eloise raise the water out of Gabriella’s cup and form it into a dolphin, “that’s amazing Eloise! You’re making great progress.”

“Thanks mommy! Me and Levi are gonna be in the backyard, bye!” Eloise waved goodbye before running to the backyard with a russet, reddish-brown, boy with silver, almost white, hair.

“Eloise! Wait up!” Levi called out.

Diane giggled, “her and Levi have been hanging out a lot lately. Young love is so beautiful at their age.”

Ector chuckled, soon turning back to the map, “it’s not just gangs they’re targeting, it’s covens too.”

“Have you heard back from Saree?” Sergio asked, Ector shook his head.

“She’s been in Transylvania trying to clean up the damage from the fire at her coven. I haven’t talked to her in weeks.” Ector sighed, frowning.

“I’m sure she’s okay, your vampire is a tough cookie, I’m sure she won't crack at a little fire.” Emma assured him.

“I just wish she picked up her phone...I don't even know if she’s okay!” Ector raked his hands through his hair.

“I told you, she’s fine,” Hex patted his shoulder, walking in with Cruella.

“I hope so…” Ector muttered, “anyways, the suspect is making their way through New York, either us or Emmanuel’s gang is next.”

“The Ruby Rebels?! My sister Marmalade is there…” Cruella whimpered.

“I’m sure Emmanuel is doing everything in his power to protect the base and Marmalade.” Hex smiled, Cruella nodded.

“So who do you think is doing all of this?” Diane asked, Sergio shrugged.

“I couldn't possibly know, I’ve never seen a symbol like that anywhere before.” Emma sighed.

“For the time being, up the security around the base, and make sure we have insurance on the base and the mechanics, if we get hit I want to make sure everything is insured.” 

His family nodded, rushing to complete his order.

Later that day, Cruella knocked on the door to Hex’s office, “come in!”

Cruella opened the door fully, smiling at her boyfriend, “I brought you some coffee, want some?”

“Sure,” Hex took the cup of coffee, taking a sip.

Cruella looked at the map, “another fire?”

“Yep, one of allies got hit this time, it’s either us or Emmanuel next and the stress is killing me.” Hex sighed, shaking his head.