Chapter One Seventeen-Shits n Giggles

Jordan's pov
"Okay! List of problems in our life right now?" Sam asked, don't even ask me where he found a white board, i wouldn't be able to tell you. "David," i said tiredly. My body felt weak at the moment, like drained out. I've never felt like this after a fight, hopefully it goes away soon or i wouldn't even be able to handle myself. "Nice, next?" We managed to clean up most of the mess around Colbys place, but there was still blood splattered here and there, and the body's were all in black bags sitting in the corner next to the restroom. "If Jordan survived being crushed by water i'm sure that other dude did too." Brennen said, making basically the whole room groan. "Maybe, but if he did he's definitely missing an arm." I chuckled, remembering the scene. "Oooh what happened?" Jake asked, leaning in his seat more. I laughed a little, leaning up more. "The helicopter i was trying to stop, it fell on him. Bang; sliced his arm right down the middle." I said, holding in my laugh. "No way," Mike said in shock. "Holy shit." Aryia said, fist bumping me. I smiled weakly, before laying back down in my seat, i don't think i've felt this bad since my past test runs with David. 'Test Runs' yeah let's call them that. "You okay?" Colby asked in my ear, pulling me closer to him. I nodded, lifting my hand to steal Reggies water that was in his hands. He sighed, but didn't comment on it and went to get another one. "We have those shady dudes now." Colby said, his voice harsher than normal. I laid my hand over his that draped over my shoulder, making him relax under me. "Is that it?" Sam asked, clicking on the cap to the marker. "Emily? Is she an issue?" Kat asked, us nodding in agreement. Sam shrugged, but wrote it down anyways. I leaned up, re-reading the note; husband. Who's husband? This was killing me. "David doesn't know i'm alive. So how would he send people?" I asked, holding my temples trying to concentrate. "Uh, David never knew you were dead." Jake said, almost like it was a joke. I stood up, almost offended by that. "You didn't tell him?" I asked, turning to everyone, but my eyes sticking on Colbys. "I was going to, but i got caught up with other stuff." I scoffed, stumbling over to the white board, and to where Sam was, nudging him out of the way. "Jordan, take it easy." Reggie said, behind me. I flipped him off, chuckles leaving the room as i stuck my note on the board. "Can't be Emily, she's not married, so it can't be David either. This note mentions a husband, and all we have is a pin and this note to help us." I said, walking back to my spot. I sat next to Colby, and when his hand went to reach mine, i creeped under it, still pissed off. I was mad, yes. But was it worth it? David was somewhere probably planning on another wave, but that was to come. Maybe him not knowing everything about my life was a good thing. Just until he stops. I held his hand, him letting out a breath of relief as i lay back on him. "How about we start tomorrow? Let us rest on it." Aryia suggested, looking at me for an answer. "Sure, only because i'm beat." I said, making Cassie laugh. "She's right, Jordan doesn't rest when there's a job out there so enjoy this while you can guys." She said, standing up to grab another drink. "Wanna stay at our place? We don't have an extra room but we do have a pretty comfy couch." Kevin asked, standing up as well. I looked at Colby, who shrugged before nodding. "Thanks man," i said as i got helped to my feet. I groaned, walking into Colbys room for a second to get clothes and such, before Colby walked in doing the same. "I'm sorry for not telling David about you. I just couldn't find the right time to." He said, turning towards me. I nodded, not knowing what to say. "Are you mad at me?" He asked while he messed with his piercing on his ear, he was genuinely sorry, and i got that from him. I shook my head before turning my back to him, finishing what i was doing. He teleported on the bed, on top of all the fluff while laying his head in between his arms. "Talk to me," he almost sounded like he was begging, because he knew he did something wrong, but i was relieved knowing he knew. "It's fine, David shouldn't know everything about me anyways." I said as i pulled my hair into a low bun, it's been taking longer than usual to grow, but it wasn't a problem, i liked it short. "Please J, don't shut me out." He voice cracked, which didn't happen often, and when i looked back at him he was sad, like actually upset about it. "I was just mad in the moment, that's all. I realized i was probably overreacting so i stopped, i'm trying to be a better person Colby." I said, keeping his gaze. He sighed, and shook his head lightly. "You don't need to try J, you are a good person. You didn't deserve the life you got, and David made you do terrible things, and he did bad things too. But you have a heart of gold Jordan, you're a genuine person." I sighed, messing with the ends of my hair. "Sometimes i just feel like i'm on a default setting you know? Like i'm on autopilot." He stood next to me, looking down on me. "And it feels like you're in an endless loop of you're own suppressed emotions." He finished for me, nodding with watery eyes. "I know how you feel, J, you aren't alone anymore. You don't have to face anything alone anymore, you have us." He said, taking my hand in his. I know i say all the time that i feel like they're my family. But right now really sold the deal for me. They truly felt like more than i could've ever asked for. I nodded, holding his hand slightly tighter. There was a nock at the door, making me snap out of it, wiping my eyes away. "You guys ready?" Cassie asked on the other side of the door. "Yeah," i responded, my voice drying up more by the second. I walked away from Colby to grab my bag before looking behind me, his bag in his hand. "Ready?" I asked, holding my hand out to him. He nodded, taking it, just as he did, i teleported us to the living room, making Reggie scream and curse swear to God all at once. Colby, on the other hand, groaned as he grabbed his head, but i felt fine, kind of recharged for a second actually. "Missy you need to stop using your powers." Cassie said, pointing her finger at me. "Well i can't not use them!" I defended, holding my hands up in defense. "Give me six hours, i got you." Reggie said, already planning some sort of evil shit. I widened my eyes, Cassie looking at me with a stern face, but breaking out a smile. "Cool then we'll see you there?" I asked, already taking Colbys hand again. "Wait dont-" Reggie tried to stop me, but i already teleported us in front of their house with Colby, giggling after we got there. "Oh my God, are you trying to kill me?" He groaned, stumbling around. I laughed, shaking my head. But as i walked to the door i started to stumble on my own, my head pounding. "Okay, that was the last time," i groaned, Colby and i falling to the floor trying to help each other. We laughed as we hit the ground, unable to get up anymore. "That did not just happen." He laughed, his hand over his mouth. "That hurt," i pouted, giggling afterwards. "Here lemme help," he said, getting to his feet. "My hero," i said sarcastically as his hand gripped mine, he failed to lift me, him falling on top of me instead. We burst into laughter, holding each other in our arms. "You jinxed it!" He yelled, rolling off me, we laid in the driveway, hand in hand, still laughing here and there while we waited for someone to show up and help. "Wow you guys are a mess," Cassie said as her and Kevin helped up the boy covered in dirt, and the girl that was dried with blood, and as they walked inside they didn't break each other's grasps, but they still laughed here and there. What they didn't know was that they were both in love with the other, but didn't know if the other felt the same.