Chapter Thirty-Nine- Hope

Jordan's pov
   Cassie looked at me like i was a complete psychopath, and i don't blame her. I mean,
i'm basically made to kill people. Literally that was 90% of the reason why i was brought here. I was supposed to get some sort of training a few days after the experience mishap, but then again it happened. Everything happens for a reason, right? Maybe i wasn't meant to go into training, or maybe i was and it was only a matter of time. If i ever turned into the person i never wanted to be like, anyone besides my parents daughter, i would probably hate myself. Maybe even take my whole life, because i wouldn't be able to see the me, in me. But Colby showed me otherwise, and it gave me hope. However he's not here right now, that's all that circles my mind now. There's no one to save me from this one but me, and i don't even know if i could do it. What matters is getting back to him, and everyone else. My family.

"Jordan there is no way i'm going to let you-" She was cut off by my piercing scream as i felt another hard, ruthless punch to the gut. I threw up chunks of blood, and i clenched my stomach like there was no tomorrow. "No Cassie, you gotta go. This place isn't for someone like you. I'll send you home, while i can," i swept her off the bed, pushing it in front of us and Cassie on the opposite side. "Cassie, i'm going to send you home, i need you to tell them something from me only Reggie might understand." I forced my shield outwards, forcing everyone away and into the floors. "It's midnight." I said, tears falling from my face. "What does that mean?" Cassie tried to get up but i held her still with everything in me. "Please stay safe Cass, and if i come back not me, remind me." I started making a circle around her, gaining every bit of energy in me to make it. My vision was blurry and my throat was clogged. I sobbed in pain, still making my portal very slowly. "I love you Cassie, thank you for helping me, and say thank you to everyone for accepting me. And for being the only family i had in a while." My eyes burned with tears as i tried not to make eye contact with Cassie, almost regretting taking her back just so i wasn't alone. I can't be that selfish though. It doesn't work like that. I haven't been around people that loved me long, but i know people have boundaries. Taken from my parents was the first thing i learned in an inane laboratory. People are ruthless, and they don't think twice 80% of the time to do something or say something. Because it's all in instant reaction, growing up i was tortured for even looking at someone the wrong way. That's why i am the way i am, i refuse to be the weak child i was before. I wouldn't let myself be that type of person, i am my own individual and i stand by that. Now it's just up to me to get out of the shit hole i got into. And that's okay, because if there's one thing that i learned most of all from my away family, it's that everything you do have a different way of how you live life. It's all on how you treat it, and on what path you take. Now it was my time to chose the best path for me, and my friends. "Goodbye, Cassie." Was the last thing i said to my closest friend, before sending her off into the vortex that led to the current traphouse. Dropping Cassie made me realize that i didn't kill anyone this time, but saved someone. The itch in the back of my head that told me to kill was fading with a warm, happier feeling. Hope.