Chapter Fifteen- "Adam"

Colbys pov
Goddamit Cole, you really fucked up this time. You meet the girl of your dreams, completely badass, stands up for herself, doesn't fish for complements, has a good style, and a sense of music... not to mention she's absolutely gorgeous. Like God is she breathtaking. I just- "COLE ROBERT BROCK IF YOU DONT STOP THAT IM GOING TO THROW YOU OUT OF THE CAR WINDOW." Tara yelled at me from the passengers seat. I couldn't help but feel the rush of blood go to my cheeks as everyone in the car, including me, burst out laughing. Like actual tears. "Jeez brother, didn't know you had it THAT bad." Sam laughed from the front seat. "Oh don't act like you weren't like this with Kat, we all know how that process went." I saw his eyes widen from the side mirror and Tara and i burst into laughter once again as Kat looked confused. "No one told me wha-" "NOThing Kat it's nothing i completely don't know what they're talking about." Sam was talking as fast and stuttered speaking 50 words per minute and it only made me and Tara laugh even harder. "Wait but i wanna know now!" Kat whined "oh won't you look at that we're already here!" Sam yelled as he sped into the driveway. Kat groaned as she rubbed her temples. "Samuel we'll talk about this later, you're not making my head feel any better... I still can't believe Jordan did that though, she's a complete badddieee." She said happily. My smile fell as i looked down to her head laying in my lap, i pushed a strand away from her pale face and sighed. Kat rubbed my shoulder. "It's not your fault Colby, there's nothing you could've done, shes pretty stubborn. That's what i like about her, she doesn't let her guard down, she saved me Colby, all of us really. She's still gotta heartbeat too, i can feel it." I nodded as Sam helped me get her out the car. I held her over my shoulder and looked up at the sky for a second, blinking away the tears. I shook my head and went inside with the others. Devyn and Corey already knew what happened so the rushed onto me and yanked her from my grasp. "heyyyy!" i whined as i popped infront of them and took her back. I pointed to her as i held her. "mine" i said in a child's voice, i held my head up high and took her to her room. "you can't do that! you guys aren't even together!" "watch me." i said in a girly tone and flipped my imaginary long hair, walking with sass. "Colbyyyy hand me Jordan or so help me i'll-" Devyn rarely yells, so this told me it was serious. Slightly scared, i handed J to Dev as she smiled sweetly and Corey helped her the rest of the way. Once we got into her room she layed flat on her back and she put her hand on jordan's. "she's scared." Devyn said shaking her head a bit. "Why? Of what?" "I don't know, she's so scared, it's not in my ability to see that far but i know she's probably stuck inside her mind." I watched Jordan's forehead crease a bit and i went and smoothed out her wrinkles, as she let out a small smile and drifted back off. "Hey, hey that's working.... Colby go lay next to her." huh? "You want me to what now?" i asked. "Stop being a douche and lay next to her, whatever you did just calmed her down, the more calm she is the easier it'll be for me to help her." I rolled my eyes and kicked my shoes off, as i laid next to her i saw her head swing next to my chest, a small smile crept to her lips. I wrapped an arm around her and traced small circles into her shoulder. "That's good, i'm going to get started, Corey baby, can you bring me some water pretty please?" Devyn asked Corey with her eyes shut and her hand still on Jordan. He nodded and stood up. "Anything for you." As he kissed her head and walked out. Something about that made me jealous, not about Corey or Devyn but the connection they had. I wanted that. I want someone to call mine. "You'll get that soon Colby don't worry." Devyn smiled as she looked back down. Sometimes i feel like she can actually read minds and not just emotions. "So how is this going to work?" "Well.. i plan on giving her some energy slow, so her head doesn't go 10mph but it she wants more she'll let me know and i'll give it to her. Be aware that once stuff is given, others can be taken away, you'll see this reddish cloud fall out of her. So i might ask in advanced, have you every compelled her? Or has she been in any bad mental pain?" I shook my head. "I'll never compel her unless it was to the bone but mental pain, i'm not sure. She was kept in an underground laboratory her whole life so who knows what happened there." She nodded. "Huh, didn't know that, Jake just said she was taken and when she escaped after an explosion you guys found her. He never goes in detail about these things." She shook her head and sighed. "Well i'm just letting you know so that it would be reversed. Dont tell the A.P.P though, i'm actually not supposed to be able to do this, i just can, if they find out.. who knows what will happen." I nodded understanding. "Wait so if someone went behind our back and did compel her, it would be reversed?" "That is correct, why would you assume someone would do that though?" She asks, as she examined my face. "Well we were getting along fine one day, she liked all of us, then the next day she like wasn't there. She won't tell me what happened, and when i tried looking at her i saw nothing, i didn't see the Jordan i saw before almost like a part of her disappeared." "Well you have to understand you guys just took her, she was taken away from the life she wanted. You guys didn't even let her breath on her own. She planned on doing so much things and a bunch of strangers ruined it. I do agree that she's acting different, but try to see her perspective." I nodded. "Yea maybe you're right, thanks dev, for everything really." "Of course, always love helping." She warmly smiled as Corey walked in with her glass. "Thanks love." She smiled and began working her magic. She looked so focus and Corey looked like he was used to it. I've only seen her so this one other time and it was with someone else. Someone i wish to forget. I guess Devyn could tell because she shushed me, erupting me from my thoughts i sighed. I started seeing this reddish brown fog come out of her chest and stomach. The same look i saw in her eyes before they went back to the deep brown i came to love. This is what she was talking about. "She's waking..." Devyn whispered. "How much longer un-" Jordan shot up from her spot, facing forward without a word. She gasped for air as i panicked and left my previous spot. She coughed a little and flopped back down. I heard Devyns soft voice clam her down. "Hey baby, how are you feeling?" She didn't respond at first, just looking up and she got ready to say something until she did. "Adam..."