Chapter Fifty-Two-Question&Answer

Jordan's pov
I'm lead into a small office room by good ole Maxi, him patting my head before leaving. I smile and sit down in front of David who looks slightly annoyed. Not sure about what though, the fact that i got a top guard to punch me in the face or that Max showed the slightest sympathy to me. "So what was the princess waiting for?" I ask leaning on the desk with my hand. He leans back in his chair fully, crossing his arms in the process. He didn't say anything for a good couple of minutes so i decided to mimic him. I lean back in my chair the same way he does and cross my arms. He squints at me making me squint back before actually speaking. "How'd you do it?" He asks with full concern. I tilt my head before looking up, thinking. "Uh what exactly are you talking about?"  I ask before realizing, "OH! Wait never mind i'm aware now." I chuckle and notice myself messing with the single striped ring on my finger. I shake my head thinking of the day i received it, good and bad memories flooding in. Mostly good like when i would get teased by Tara for not knowing what was going on, or when Sam made fun of me for knowing about guns but not a cell phone, and even when Colby gave me this ring. He said it was a promise ring, i still haven't figured out completely what he meant by that but it was a cute gesture. I fully believed in promises, maybe more than i should but we met like a day or two before he gave that to me, it was like his emotions were high. So since then i've been clueing together pieces and if i'm putting these pieces together correctly, he was in a relationship and he got dumped or something extreme happened, whatever you can call it but he shut down. He didn't know how to handle it, like when i left he wasn't really there anymore. He got into the habit that it goes downhill from there, turning himself off in the process. Maybe when i came into his life he turned his emotions back on, like a switch in his head that he couldn't control. I'm about to take Nancy Drew's career. "Jordan!" David yells snapping me out of my thoughts. I didn't want to give him answers until i received at least some of mine. Would he answer? I'm not sure, but i wasn't talking until he did. "Why did you cat call me all those years?" I snap leaning back up in my chair. "What are you talking about? I asked you a question." He snaps back angrily. "Oh i'm aware, but i'm not giving you answers until you give me mine. And you can torture me all you want but i am not speaking until i find out." I might have yelled a bit near the end making the table shake just a tad. He rolls his eyes before sitting up annoyingly. "Fine then, ask your dumb questions." Waving his hand at me i smile and scoot my chair closer. "Okay just to start off, why the fuck did you used to cat call me. I honestly don't know if i'm using that frase right, but if i'm not wrong it means calling me unwanted names like baby for attention." He smiles and leans up, resting his hands on the desk. "Classic manipulation doll, i'll teach you it someday but you've already used it before if i'm not mistaken." My forehead creases as i try to think of any time i've done it, but nothing came to mind. I shake my head "uh i'm not so sure about that." He laughs and nods. "See it's already natural to you, you don't even notice it. All those cute things you say are part of manipulation, getting someone on your side. Saying stuff like and i quote 'pretty boy' is something like that." He chuckled and stands up leaving me clustered. This asshole taught me everything i do, and i just do it. Without even realizing it? Guess i am what David wanted me to be. He goes to open the door but i shut it with a fast motion making the door echo throughout the room. "Dude! You almost chopped my hand off!" He yells tugging at the door handle that wouldn't budge. I turn to face with even more questions now. "So why do you need me? I'm already exactly like you and i can't even help it! It's already like a convention inside my head, what do you possibly need me for?" My arms were flaring as i talked, going back from him to me as i struggled to get any more words out. He walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder, me immediately shaking him off with anger. "The same reason i needed you before, your kind needs to learn to keep your nose out of situations you can't control. So you and the former test subjects where to see how much you can handle, then with those numbers i'll just correlate-" "Just get to the point already," I cut him off, all i needed to know is if he was planning on killing us, our kind. We aren't normal and we all know that, some of us wish we were and some like it the way it is. Either way we have to stay just as equivalent to any other business marketer, or athlete, youtuber, whatever you want to call it. We stay underneath everyone's noses until needed. I just wish i could've experienced life outside of a capsule. Im only relevant to take over my own kind. "Then we kill you." He walked away back to the door leaving me speechless. For once i had nothing to say, no comments or comebacks, just pure anger and shock. "Now if you don't mind," he looks at his watch before back at me for a second. "The party starts in about an hour, so i have to get my girl ready to see how trustworthy your boy toy is." He chuckled at me shaking his head. "I don't see a point in that, David. What are you going to get out of it if he does something? Pure satisfaction?" He nods a little making a face. "Well yeah, it will be my guilty pleasure to say i told you so for once, but with Emily in on the group we won't be physically there but maybe visually." He winks and walks out the room without another word, visually meaning they're going to spy and use Emily as the mouse. "That bitch!" I yell before slamming my chair to the door.