One Hundred Twelve-Zombie

Jordan's pov
He explained. Everything up to when they woke up that morning, with a pissed off Sam and an excuse he saw right through. "So you didn't plan on telling him until after he found out?" I snickered, taking a bite out of my burger. Yes, i did end up getting a cheeseburger, and a milkshake, and a large set of fries. Not to mention the food i was eating from what Colby had ordered. That he hasn't touched, i'm guessing he didn't have an appetite. "Yes. I was ashamed of myself, and the fact that i was with you at the time as well didn't help." His voice was broken, like the memories he forced down were just opening back up again. I raised an eyebrow, catching his gaze before stealing another chicken tender off his plate. "Not hungry?" I asked, offering him one. "Not the slightest," he shook his head, almost like he was disgusted by the sound of eating. "More for me," i shrugged, smiling at him quickly. "So, what happened after Sam almost killed you?" I asked. "I told him what happened, and then he kept yelling, like for a long time." I chuckled, shaking my head. "Then i won't." I honestly wasn't in the mood to yell at Colby. I did truly love him. If i even knew how to. His face scrunched up, before he shook his head. "You aren't going to yell at me?" He asked as i shrugged, but shook my head after. "No, it was a long time ago, i'm just... hurt mostly." I said more to myself than to him. I felt like i was struggling to find my own emotions, and i couldn't tell if it was because i just woken up from the dead or because i've literally been a human war machine my whole life. I felt like i just needed someone to tell me how to feel, but i couldn't. "Jordan." I looked up, and noticed my own tears falling from my own eyes, but i didn't feel sad. It was almost like i didn't feel right now. "I'm so sorry. You mean more to me than anyone ever did, and i hate what i did to you, i just want you back." I didn't answer him, i didn't even know what to say. How would i know when it's been too long? "Can we go?" I asked, moving my cold hair out of my face. He nodded, without a word and pulled out some cash before standing up from his seat, and helping me up with him. We thanked the lady that helped us, her smiling from a few tables away before i caught up to Colby, catching his hand before he got too far. He was tense at first, until he relaxed against me, opening the door for us. We walked along the sidewalk, the cold air breezing against my soaking hair. Without a word, Colby wrapped his jacket around me, but nothing more, and nothing less. "Can i ask you something?" I asked, turning in front of him. He nodded, his eyebrows scrunching up. I almost regretted asking to ask a question, but i needed to know more than anything. "I know that Sirena isnt attracted to guys, but you guys still kissed." I paused, gulping down before looking back at him. "Did it mean anything to you?" He almost looked offended by my question, but could he blame me? He cheated; the only person i ever trusted with my heart broke it. "It meant nothing to me." I guess the look i was giving him made him think i didn't believe him, so he placed his hands on my shoulders, my eyes locking on his. "Would i lie to you?" I shook my head, my face softening. "No, you wouldn't." "Do you believe me though?" I couldn't help but think i didn't believe him, only because she was still apart of their friend group, and that she was basically the reason we were having this conversation in the first place. Well, it did go both ways. But if you thought about it, it would be rude on his half and Sams to just reject her completely. Especially if they were caught hanging out, it would be suspicious, but did no one think about how i would feel about it? I guess it didn't really matter anymore. And all i could do was move on, forgiving, but not forgetting, hope those love books were right. I had to do what felt right for me, and usually it's pushing people away, or in most cases it was killing people. But right now i hugged him, wrapping my hands slowly around his waist, and letting the tears blink away, i was letting go of the past. I didn't want to loose control, i didn't want my inner monster to let out, i didn't want to loose the one person that meant more to me than anyone else. Because i was terrified of loosing him again, of letting him go, because i knew the next time i let go, and something went wrong, i had a smaller chance at coming back, or getting him back. "I believe you Colby. I want to move on." I spoke from my heart, without any hesitation. He pulled away, his eyes red with tears. "Is this what you want?" He asked, searching my face for anything, a truth or a lie, but he found neither. Because i was so locked up, i had to reopen to him. "This is what i want. I think it'll take me some time to get back to how we were, but i want this." I pointed my finger to us both, indicating our relationship. "I want it to last." He nodded, pulling me into a hug again. "We can, and i'll wait however long it takes, and i'll help." When i pulled away, i felt like he was moving closer to me, leaning into a kiss as time around us seemed to slow. And i almost didn't catch myself until a huge roar came over us, startling me. "Jesus, what the." I yelped, holding my hand over my heart. He laughed, wrapping an arm around me as i looked at the sky, the dark clouds hovering over us. "Well i'm not weather man but i think it's about to rain." I scrunched my eyebrows, knowing that didn't come from Colby. I turned around, a smile forming on my face as i saw Sam just a few feet away from us, leaning against his car. "Looks like you two figured things out." He commented, wiggling his eyebrows at Colby before looking back at me. "Hey Sam." I smiled, walking over to give him a hug. I didn't know i would miss my friends so much until i saw them again, and this happened every time. But this time, i don't think i'll be going anywhere anytime soon. "Hey Jet hows it hanging." I chuckled, shrugging. "Well technically i'm a zombie now." I said, making the boys chuckle. "Technically you're indestructible, isn't that like the second or third time you've survived something like that?" I groaned, holding my head just thinking about all the stuff i did with David before i even met them. "Don't even get me started." He shook his head, but pointed at my arm. "What happened to the cast?" He asked, noticing the only part left of it was the top shoulder part. Colby turned his head to the side, nodding with Sam. "I just noticed that. What did happen?" I chuckled, but shook my head. "Well one half of it got chopped off and the rest just fell off i guess, i don't really remember anything after being crushed." They nodded, but didn't ask any more. We piled into the car, me taking the backseat as we headed to where i assumed was their apartments. When we pulled up, i got an overwhelming amount of energy the closer we walked to their rooms. "Who'd you invite?" I asked, feeling some sort of energy just a few levels below us, it was odd. Not normal, but not like us. Weird. "Gosh Jordan i can't surprise a friend every once in a while?" Sam asked, throwing his arms up dramatically. "Sorry! I was just making sure, i get paranoid okay." I defended as we all laughed before opening Colbys apartment door.