Chapter Seventy One- Gas to the fire

Colbys pov
  I curse loudly as i sit on the edge of the building, letting my feet dangle off. "She knew didn't she?" I hear Sam ask behind me. I didn't respond, and i guess i did, because he didn't say anything after that. He slumped down next to me, dangling his feet next to mine. "How bad did she get you?" I ask changing the subject. He shrugs and pulls his upper lip up, showing the small bust on it along with a slightly bloody nose. "It's not nearly as bad at Brennen over there, but damn it hurt." He laughed pointing at Brennen from the side. I chuckled and nodded showing the long bloody scratch going from my forearm to the palm of my hand. "This is just from the drop i almost took, i probably would've died if you guys weren't there." I said messing with the ripped fabric on my sleeve. "If she wasn't there you mean, i wouldn't have been there if she didn't call me over." Sam corrects me, i nod "true but she was the one that pushed me there." I add making Sam chuckle. "You were the one that was all up on her." I roll my eyes and nod in agreement. I furrow my eyebrows for a second , "did we just a lose to a fight with one girl, versus all of us?" I ask, obviously knowing the answer. Sam laughed loudly, nodding his head again. "Yes we did brother, and she didn't even use her gift half the time." I laugh with him, nodding my head before i'm hit with confusion again. "But did you see her try? It's almost like she was in pain from trying." I add and he looks taken back from it too. "Yeah, i did see that. That's odd, you think that David dude did something to mess with her?" He asks turning to me. I shrug and nodded slightly. "I don't see any other solution."  We nod, talking about the things Jordan did that blew our minds. "I can't believe she's alive." I add, sadness washing over me. Sam shrugs, like he thought otherwise. "I knew she was alive, i just thought that maybe she wouldn't be a serial killer." I laugh with him, nodding my head. "Yeah i don't think anyone would predict that one." I say. "Eh maybe Jake would." I laugh in agreement. "What do you think the fans thought of her?" I asked out of the blue. "I think if Jet had social media she would be dead by now, but she's not the type to get mad over people that don't like her." Sam said, "good point." We did have some clips where we were closer than we should, or when we were accidentally caught on camera one time laying on the couch together. That's when she got bashed in the comments. "I miss missions with her, she made it funer." Sam added making me remember our first mission at chipotle. When we first met Elliot, he was pretty cool. I might miss him a tiny bit, just don't tell anyone that. Our conversation was cut off by Serena speaking loudly, like she was yelling, but it barley came through. "Serena?" I ask standing from my spot. "I'm tailing the driver now, get your asses down here." Sam and i go wide eyed. "Serena dont stop following that truck," Sam says before i do. I drag Brennen to me, as Sam went to get Mike. "Jesus Brennen you're killing me." I said to him, even if he wasn't listening. "Need some help?" Kevin asked behind me, i sigh in relief and drop Brennen's limp body dramatically. "Please," he laughs, and throws him over his shoulders with ease, walking over to Aryia. "We can get the rest of them, Serena's tailing the car so we should hurry." I say as i flip Cassie so she's facing up. He nods and starts to walk with our friends in his hands. "Cassie?" I poke her face slightly but not no response. "Need help?" Kat says behind me, guess she got here to help with the cleanup. I nod and point to Cassie. Kat places her hands on her, one near her shoulder blade and the other on her stomach. "She's in pain." Kat says sadly as she looks down at Cassie. "Can you wake her up?" I ask not wanting to get into detail. "Oh yeah sure." She stands up, i look at her weirdly. She slaps Cassie across the face, making her jolt immediately after as a gasp left my face. "I can only read emotions and heal people Colby, i can't magically wake someone up like a witch." Kat laughs as she walks away back where she came from. "Oh my God," i chuckle bringing Cassie to her feet. "Meet you on ground level!" I hear Kat yell as she helps Sam rip Mike off the pole a few levels down. "You good to walk?" I ask Cassie when she looks at me with her blood shot eyes. My chest hurts for her, i bet it felt like she just got betrayed by her best friend right now. She dusts herself off and nods, walking past me. "Cassie we're going to get her back in the end of this, okay?" I say with her back facing me. She stops in her tracks and turns to me slowly, when she fully faces me her face is streaked with her makeup, but i don't acknowledge it. "Yeah okay." She doesn't sound completely convinced at me, but i knew we would win this one way or another. We get to the bottom of the now really fucked up building and i walk near the house where this all started. "Where are you going?" I hear Jake ask from behind me. "I'm going to go check to see if-" "He's dead Colby, she killed him." Jake cut me off mid sentence. "What?" I ask in disbelief. Jake nods, his face straight. "We were too late, Kat kept him alive for another thirty minutes but other than that there was no saving him." My eyes felt heavy, i hated failing a mission. Any really, and so did Jake. It just wasn't fun losing, and then having to explain why you lost to the program. "Oh," is all i say before walking past him and sitting on the curb, waiting for Serena to pass by the block again so we could jump on. Jake sits next to me, Sam on my other side with Kat, as the rest of us pile up without a word until we heard Serena update us. "Uh we're passing the block again. But one thing, i think they're going to start shooting at us." She says nervously. "What?" I ask standing from my seat and seeing headlights from down the street. "Yeah, someone just climbed on top of their car, aiming fire now." My eyes go wide at her words. If she shot, and it was Jordan, she could get her killed. And if it wasn't, a complete stranger killed. The headlights got closer, and they didn't seem to slow down at all. "Wait! Hold fire!" I yell, but i was too late. I saw the gun being fired from the window of the second vehicle, and straight to the first. Right as it hit, the car burst into flames from rear first, flipping the car at least twice. We all scatter, backing up from the flames in fear of our lives, but what about theirs? They land on the side, and we all look at each other before dashing over there in fear. We all stop in front of the car when we see oil dripping from the edge. Holy shit, it was about to blow.