Raiding the Camp: Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Shit he's a blue badge," they mumbled.

"On your knees," I said and they didn't even hesitate before following my order.

"Looking sharp porcupine," Jean said, walking up next to me and patting me on the shoulder.

"Fuck you Pyro," I rolled my eyes.

I looked up and saw Eren surrounded in the other corner. Rico came over and paralyzed the two guys I was holding and just as I was about to run over and help Eren all of the guards were pinned to the ceiling.

"Oh shit," Rico mumbled, "that's one hell of a power," she sounded almost impressed.

"He can't hold that for long," I mumbled before watching all the guards drop to the floor around him before they could get up. Sasha's doubles had already pinned them and held them down. That was the last of the guards. I can't believe we actually did it. We took out this whole room by ourselves.

"Toxin we have more over here we need paralyzed," Eren said when he turned around to face us he had his hands clenched and his wrists pulled up to his chest. I could feel his pain from here. He overdid it.

Team A has cleared the guards in the blue badge prison area, Eren informs the team leaders and they all let out sighs of relief before applauding Eren's strategy. If only they knew that this all was just on a reckless whim.

I walked up and before I could even say anything to him I heard a voice. I'd know those powers and voices anywhere, I heard a familiar voice echo throughout my head.

Ilsa's telepathy. Where is she? She has to be in one of these cells. My eyes scanned the room before landing on one of the dimly lit cells in the back of the room. I tapped Eren on the shoulder and had him follow me as we made our way straight to her cell. The others helped to open the other cells in the room. Trying the keys, or just breaking the cell doors. We had to wait for the other teams to get some of these cells open.

We walked up to her cell and I felt my heart break a little. She looked so skinny and fragile her skin was so pale and her cheeks sunken in. They haven't been feeding her. Her hair was matted and overgrown, her face was bruised and her lip was busted. Her eyes lost the innocent glow they used to have, now they seemed devoid of life altogether.

"Ilsa," I could barely utter her name without feeling tears sting my eyes.

"Hey guys, long time no see," she said, giving us a weak smile. "I guess I made the wrong choice," she sighed, "I knew I should have gone with Pixis, I just never thought that things would turn out like this."

"Now's not the time for regrets, now is the time to get you the hell out of here," I said and Eren motioned for me to back up. He also had Ilsa back up.

I watched as he created a gravity field that I could feel tugging at me with how strong it was. It ripped the door right off its hinges and sent it flying into the wall with a loud clang.

"Wow, it seems you've gotten a lot better at using your power since I've last seen you," she said walking out of her cell. She nearly tripped over her own two feet as she walked.

I walked up to her and threw her arm over my shoulder as I helped her balance out.

"Sorry it's been a while since I was allowed to walk around," she mumbled.

We've found Ilsa, Eren's thoughts echoed in my head before the celebratory cheers from the other team leaders.

We sat her down and got her off her feet. We just hoped there was something Hanji could do to help her, but malnourishment and weakened muscles aren't things she can just cure. The busted limp and bruises definitely, but that's about it.

We eventually got all the rest of the cells open as team C and D joined us with all the red and green badge prisoners behind them.

Hanji and Franz got to work. Franz's power started backlashing and he had to stop, but Hanji kept at it. I could tell she was getting to her limits, but she finished healing the rest of the prisoners so that they could at least walk out of here.

She came up to Ilsa and checked in on her not before giving her a big hug of course. As I feared there was nothing she could do. It appears Ilsa wasn't the only one in a state like this.

While Hanji finished healing the last few people I heard Thomas in Eren's head.

"I have to stop using my power sooner than I thought. I guess practice earlier wore me out more than I expected if I keep going it will start to backlash. He let them all know. They all gave him the okay and assured him that it was fine the mission was almost over anyway. All that was left was for us to walk through the portal back home.

After a few more minutes Hanji walked up to Eren and me before calling over Berthold with her. "We are about ready to lead everyone back to the portal," she told us.

"We have a lot of slow people still, we will stay in the back and protect them," Eren volunteered, "your team should lead the way," he told Berthold.

"Alright we will," he agreed.

"We will be behind team D," Hanji told Eren.

"Okay sounds good, let's get everyone moving, the longer we stay here the more dangerous this is," Eren said and everyone agreed.

Hanji rounded people up. I looked up at Ilsa to see Ymir and Reiner talking with her. Reiner was actually smiling, well I assume he's smiling since he is radiating happiness just talking to her again, but I can't really tell with his costume blocking his mouth.

When Berthold told him he would have to part ways with her again he was instantly filled with sadness.

"Don't worry, we can catch up more after this is all over," she said before giving him a hug.

"I missed you so much," he said before letting her go. Team D and C headed to the front of the line and started leading the way down the hallway. We had all the slower people in the back with us so we could make sure they were safe as we all headed down the hall.

Ilsa was hanging back by us as one of Sasha's doubles was helping her keep her balance. We were talking as we walked Eren and I kept our eyes glued on the door behind us and the door in front of us. This hallway has three doors. The one that we just came from which was the blue badge prison cells. The one where we are going which is around a corner up ahead in the control room. And lastly, a door that leads to the outside. We made sure to watch it the whole time we were walking by.

We had just passed the door that was stressing us all out and we let out a sigh of relief all that was left to do was clear the last bit of this hallway, turn the corner and enter the control room. It was a long time of stress as people slowly made their way through the portal. Then again only so many people can walk through at once. I would say nor more than three, maybe four tops. No wonder it was taking us so long to get through this hallway.

It reminded me of a line for a popular roller coaster. The line was long and seemed never-ending. It was moving, but it felt like you weren't really getting any closer.

The end finally in sight I felt my body start to relax. Our first camp raid was successful, not only that, but we managed to save our friend.

"You guys were so cool in there," Ilsa had continued talking. She was talking with Eren and I had completely zoned out. I snapped myself back into the conversation and just listened to her gush over us. "You guys must really have practiced hard. I mean you literally had people on the ceiling and ripped a metal door off its hinges. And you had so many knives floating there, and you two work so well together," she said looking at Jean and Marco.

"How many clones did you have out? That's way more than I ever remember you having!" She said to Sasha before looking towards Rico, "I've never met you before, but man your power was so cool I don't even know what you did but people were dropping like flies around you!" She said to Rico.

Rico had a little smile on her face before she leaned over to me and nodded, "I see why you wanted to save her so badly, she is a ray of fucking sunshine. I like her," she said before patting me on the shoulder.

"The nicest person I know," I said before hearing a strange sound behind me. A door creaking open? Oh shit! I let my guard down! Before I could even finish turning my head a string of gunshots rang out.