Ch 56🌸

The next morning I'm up early and in the bathroom puking my guts up

The next morning I'm up early and in the bathroom puking my guts up. As soon as that's over I make an appointment for later today at a doctor's office in town.

Parker and Judson are already at the shop and I get myself cleaned up and decide I'll go into Kabloom until my appointment at two.

Right before I head into Kabloom a woman is coming at me and holds up her hand to stop me. I don't recognize her but I already have my hand on the door.

"I'm sorry you don't know me but I know you are Raylee and I wanted to apologize to you." The woman said.

"Umm, I'm not sure why?" I ask.

"My name is Virginia and Verna is my daughter and I'm ashamed and embarrassed by what she did to you. She's in the right place right along with her father." She said.

"Its nice of you to apologize but it's not your place to do so. Jeff influenced her to do what she did." I said.

"Maybe so but Verna was always a troubled child and when she rebelled and wanted to live with Jeff I gave in." She sniffed.

"Don't beat yourself up over it but I do appreciate you coming by," I said trying to get in the store.

"Thank you for accepting the apology. Since I'm here I'm going to buy some flowers for my kitchen." She smiled.

I smiled back at her and held the door open still leery of her intension but I think her apology was heartfelt. Maxine walks out and smiles when she sees me and she helps Virginia with a bunch of flowers while I head to the back with Nadine.

"Good morning Raylee!" Nadine smiled.

"Morning! What's on the agenda today?" I ask.

"Some lilacs and daisies for a wedding in a few days. We have thirty bunches to make." She said.

"Sounds good. I can help out for a little while and then I have to leave I have a doctors appointment." I said.

"Are you sick?" She asked.

"Oh no just getting a refill on my birth control and I needed a doctor around here." I lied.

I felt so bad for lying but we said we wouldn't say anything until we knew for sure.

When Maxine walked back in the room she had a strange look on her face. "Do you know who that woman was Raylee?" She asked.

"Yeah, Verna's mom, and she apologized to me outside for Verna's actions. I accepted and we are good." I said.

"I was shocked when she told me. She seemed really remorseful of what Verna did to you." Maxine said.

"She did to me too and said Verna was out of control and I told her Jeff had her under his control. He called Milly yesterday from jail." I said.

"He what?" Nadine said.

"Yeah, she came over crying. He wanted her to get close to me and try to take some money. She told him no and he disowned her. I told her she doesn't need him that she had us." I said.

"He is such a jerkoff," Maxine said.

"Her and Jimmy stayed over and swam with Judson and then we had a cookout. It's nice to have a sister and a brother." I smile at them both.

Maxine put her hand on top of mine. "Your momma raised a good-hearted girl."

I tear up and look over at Maxine. "I miss her so much but I think she would be proud of the woman I have become." I smile.

"Of course she would honey." Nadine smiled.

"So you have everything ready for the wedding on Saturday?" Maxine asked.

"Yes, everything is ready to go. We just have to set up the tables on Saturday morning." I said.

"Leave that to us we will get that done while you are getting ready," Maxine said.

"Oh gosh, you guys are the best!" I laugh.

"That barn is so rustic and nice and such a great place to get married in." Nadine smiled.

"Yes, it will be beautifully decorated so don't you worry your pretty little head." Maxine smiled.

At 1:30 Parker comes into the flower shop waiting on me. "We will be back I gotta see the doctor and then we are going to eat lunch," I said getting up from the chair.

"Take your time sweetie we got these flowers and Parker y'all be careful," Nadine said.

"We will mom. Bye guys," he said grabbing my hand and we walk out the door.

"Doctor first and then the food I'm hungry." I giggle.

"You told them about the doctor?" Parker asked.

"No, I didn't tell them that I said I had to be seen for my birth control." I laugh.

"Oh, you ain't right. You don't need any birth control." Parker laughed and reach over and laced his fingers with mine.

"I know I felt bad for lying but well I couldn't tell them just yet. You know they both are going to be screaming!" I said.

We arrive at the doctor's office and sign in. We both are in shock looking around at all the pregnant women and how big some of their bellies are.

Parker leans over to my ear. "I can't wait till you are this big."

"I'm terrified that my belly can swell that much," I whisper back.

"Raylee Nash." The nurse said looking down at her clipboard.

"Follow me please." She said leading us back to a room. It wasn't long until the dr came in and confirmed the news that I was pregnant and we looked at the little dot on the sonogram.

"It looks that you are around 8 weeks Ms. Nash." The doctor said printing out images for us to keep.

"Wow, 2 months already beautiful. So when can we find out what the baby is doctor?" Parker asked.

"Around twenty weeks. Sometimes a little earlier just depends on how much the baby wants to cooperate." He said before walking out the door.

"Wow, two months Parker. We need to have the house built onto. We don't have enough space." I said.

"Unless we can clean up the basement and have Judson go down there. That could work once we tell him." Parker said.

"That would work. I always wanted a room down there when I was a kid. It's a big space and even a bathroom down there." I said.

"We should probably tell Judson soon," Parker said.

"I agree we should. What about tonight?" I ask.