Ch 2 🌸

The next morning came early and I rolled over when the alarm went off at 7 am knowing I need to get up and get dressed because Maxine will be here soon

I head to the bathroom and use the bathroom and brush my teeth. I apply a little waterproof mascara because I know I will be crying today. I pull my hair up on top of my head because its to hot to wear down. I put a pair of jeans on with a t-shirt and grab my nikes and head downstairs.

I grab a granola bar and swallow it down with some water when there was a knock on the door.

I open the door and its a woman I have never seen before.

"Hello." I smiled.

"Hi honey you don't know me but I'm your next-door neighbor and was good friends with your mom. My name is Gert." She smiled.

"Oh yeah, my momma has talked about you to me. Nice to meet you." I said welcoming her in.

"I just wanted to see if you needed anything?" She asked while handing me a casserole.

"I'm ok I think and Maxine is on her way over to help me figure things out. But I really appreciate the casserole." I said.

"Are you going to be staying around here honey?" She asks.

"For right now yes because I'm not sure what I'm doing just yet," I said.

"Well if you need anything you just walk over. Between me and my sister Lily we would be happy to help out." She smiled.

"I appreciate it so much Gert and I will let you know ok? Thank you so much for the casserole I will most definitely eat it." I laugh.

"Well good I have an apple pie baking later I'll bring to you." She smiled.

"Thank you so much!" I smile and place the casserole in the fridge and then head outside because Maxine pulls up. So I wave to Gert and get in Maxine's car.

"Morning sweetie! I see you met Gert." She smiled.

"Oh yeah, she brought me a casserole and said she had me an apple pie baking." I laughed.

"Sounds good. Are you ready to go?" She asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I sigh looking out the window.

We pull up to a two-story huge house that must be the law office. A big sign hanging up outside that says The law office of Harry McCall.

"Here we are are you ready to go Raylee?" She looks over at me with an unsure look on her face.

"Yeah let's get it over with I guess," I said opening the door and walking up to the door. I open it and are greeted with the smiling face of a young woman.

"Appointment with Harry at 8 for Nash please," Maxine said

"Have a seat he will be right with you." The receptionist smiled at both of us.

A few mins later a nice man walked out in a suit and smiled at Maxine. "Right this way ladies." He said.

He takes us into a big conference room where a young guy was smiling as we walked into the door. Now he was pretty cute in his suit. "Ladies this is Shawn Taylor. Shawn this is Maxine and Raylee." He smiled.

"Nice to meet you both." Shawn smiled.

"So let's get down to business. First Raylee I would like to say how sorry I am about your mom she was such a sweet woman and she had your best interest at heart." He said.

I just stare down at my fingers and the table I don't care what any of these people say. My momma is gone and nothing is going to bring her back.

"Ok so as you probably know she left everything to you including the house and the flower shop Kabloom. She also left you money in the bank to the sum of five hundred fifty thousand dollars." He said.

"Holy crap excuse me how much?" I asked.

"Five hundred fifty thousand dollars," Harry said again shuffling papers.

"Wow, I never knew she saved that much of a nest egg," I said

"She also left you her new ford raptor truck she bought just a few months ago." He said.

"Where is it at then? Because it's not at home parked." I asked.

"Oh, honey its at the flower shop. I took her home that last day because she wasn't feeling well but I have the key to it in my purse." Maxine put her hand on mine.

"Oh ok I was just wondering where it was at," I said.

"I just need you to sign a few things here Raylee and you will be good to go. The money has already been put in an account for you and you just need to go to the bank and follow up with them." Harry said as he slid the paperwork over and Shawn handed me a pen.

"Well, the bank will be my next trip then. Thank you for all of your help, Mr. McCall." I said handing the papers back to him and we all stand up to leave.

"I wish you well Raylee and if you need anything you know where to find us." Harry smiled.

We walk back out to the car and sit the packet of papers on the floor. "You don't mind taking me to the bank? Or you can take me to that truck and I'll head to the bank." I said.

"I will take you to the truck that way I can get Kabloom open and when you are done if you will come to the flower shop for a while I could use some help." Maxin smiled.

"Ok sounds good with me. I appreciate all of your help today. Did you know momma left me that much money?" I ask.

"Pretty much she told me everything and she had been saving for a while and then she bought that truck and I asked her why such a fancy one and she said it was for you to ride around in style." Maxine laughs.

"She knew I always loved trucks." I laugh.

"Well, here it is sweetie." She pointed over to a beautiful black on black ford raptor truck.

"Wow, it's beautiful. Momma sure had great taste." I smile at Maxine take the keys from her hand and pick up the papers on the floor and get out. "Thanks again Maxine and I'll be back as soon as I'm done.