Ch 28 🌸

I'm laying on the bed beside Parker watching and listening to Mick talk to Clarissa and it's the same song and dance she is my best friend and was worried about me and was trying to check on me

"Why does she keep lying? Either she thinks Mick is stupid or she's just delusional." I said.

"I would say your dad put her up to this and they have fought so much over this money that she's just doing as she's told," Parker said.

"Listen we have been in contact with Raylee and she said your no friend of hers but you are married to her father which we have already talked to and she wants nothing to do this. So I suggest you leave the guy that lives here alone before I take you both to jail." Mick said.

"Fine she's my stepdaughter and before her mom died she promised us a lot of money and we just want to collect," Clarissa said.

"You're still lying Sarah was a friend of mine and I know how your husband harassed her and she didn't have any money for either of you and this is private property and you should leave," Mick said.

"Fine I'll leave but Ray knows she owes us money and my husband isn't going to be happy until he gets it." She said raising her voice.

"You want disturbing the peace added to charges if you don't stop? I don't know where you come up with Sarah owed you money but she wrote a letter to Raylee see you don't even know her name and it plainly said not to give her father a penny so stop wasting your time and be on your way." Mick said frustratedly.

"No, she didn't say that," Clarissa said walking away from the door.

"Yeah she did I read it with my own two eyes and what reason do I have to lie to you?" Mick said.

"Omg, you were sleeping with Sarah or Ray." She said.

"Your crazy lady I have a wife and I'm happily married and Raylee is old enough to be my daughter just go I'm tired of arguing with you or I'll just take you to jail," Mick said.

Then a bunch of shuffling happens and I look at Parker and he looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"That's it you slapped an officer of the law you're going to jail and your vehicle will be impounded." Mick huffed.

Mick walks her to the police car and put her in.

Parker receives a text to say she's going to jail to stay in for the night and text him if we needed anything else.

"Wow, I can't believe she slapped him. Parker, I think I need to get a copy of what that letter says and text it to him. Maybe then he will stop." I said.

"Maybe so but you put it in the safety deposit box didn't you?" He said.

"But I took a pic of it first. Let's send that to Mick. Can you crop it and stuff I only want them to see that part." I said.

"Sure send it to me." He said.

"And I want Mick to show it to her so she will leave me alone," I said.

After Parker texts the info to Mick we lay across the bed in silence then he said "let's go find more money."

"Ok grab a picture then." I smile at him.

~You had this as a kid because you thought it was cool. But it slept like crap.~

I can't help but laugh. "Oh my god, I know what that is. It's the futon in my bedroom." I said laughing.

"Oh, those suck to sleep on I had one too." Parker laughs.

We walk over to the bed and Parker lifts it up and there was a box underneath it with the writing Raylee's junk.

Parker grabs the box and hands it to me. "You open it, Parker," I said.

We sit on the bed and he takes the tape off the box and opens it up to more stacks of money.

"How much do we have this time?" I ask.

"Umm, it looks like four hundred thousand." Parker counts the money.

"Will you take some if I give it to you?" I ask him.

"No Raylee I really enjoy the treasure hunt but your mom left this for you and she would want you to enjoy it not give it to some guy." He said.

"Your not just some guy Parker." I smile at him.

"I'm not huh? Then what am I to you?" He looks over at me.

"You mean way more than just some guy. First off you are my friend but friends don't kiss." I giggle.

"You are right about that. I don't go around kissing my friends. But would you like to be more than friends?" He asked.

"I think so. Wait let me rephrase that. I have never had a boyfriend before." I said.

"Never?" Not even in college?" He asked.

"No, I was more focused on school, and most just wanted in my pants."

"But you have kissed before me right?" He asked.

"Yes Parker I have kissed before you but that's it," I said.

"So you are a virgin then?" He asked.

I bite my lip and lower my head embarrassed. "Yes."

"There is nothing to be embarrassed about. It's an honor to whoever you give it to because that means your only his." He said.

"I understand if you don't want to be anything else now that you know," I said.

"What the fuck? I didn't say that because I like you regardless. I haven't dated in many years or had a girlfriend since high school but I'm no monk. You told me outside on the swing that you are a virgin and I'm still here." He said.

"I don't have any experience Parker and if that's what you're looking for then we can just be friends," I said.

He turns around like he's looking for something. "I never said I just wanted to be friends. I want you Raylee but only when you're ready." He smiles at me.

"Wow, I was worried about what you would think of me when you found out. I have always taken pride in that and some of my friends didn't understand my reasoning for it." I sigh.

"It's beautiful either way and I can teach you all you need to learn." He leans over and kisses my cheek.