Ch 11 🌸

I walk into the flower shop with a smile on my face

I walk into the flower shop with a smile on my face. "Morning Maxine!" I smile.

"Well, morning sweets! I'm happy to see your smiling face today. How's it going?" She asked?

"Actually yesterday I was pissed when we left the funeral home and I decided to stick around and run this place with your help of course. I don't know what momma paid you but we can bump it up if need be since your doing all of the work." I said.

"I'm not complaining but some help would be nice." She laughs.

"Speaking of that Parker's mom Nadine offered to come help us out if we needed it and I told him I would let him know but it could be helpful until I learn flowers. What do you think?" I ask her.

"That's a good idea but when did you talk to Parker?" She smirked.

"That's a long story, Maxine." I giggle.

"Oh, I have plenty of time." She laughs while cutting some stems on some roses.

"Well he came over yesterday his mom sent me some chicken and dumplings and homemade chocolate cake and he knew I was sad and so we went upstairs to mom's room and sit on the bed and looked through pictures," I said.

"Wait I may not want to know the rest." she laughs.

"Maxine! No, we must have got tired and fell asleep in the bed with a lot of pics between us, and anyways I'm not that kind of girl I'm still a virgin." I laugh.

"Really? Good for you Raylee! Most girls by now after college have a kid or two." she smiled.

"That's not me and I appreciate Parker's friendship but if he's just trying to get in my pants he's wasting his time." I smile.

I sit down at the table at the display Maxine has laid out for me to show me the names of flowers. I look at some of them and recognize the name right off.

"So I know tulips and roses and daisies and Irises, baby breaths, peonies and sunflowers because they are my favorite. But I know I have a lot to learn but this will be helpful."

"I thought it might if you take a pic with the name and flower under it." Maxine smiled.

"I don't know what I would do without you, Maxine." I sniff.

"Oh honey it's going to be ok and as I told you I promised your momma I would look after you and I will. I can't or won't take her place but I'm here." she reached for me.

I walked over to her and hugged her so tight. It's like hugs I need them like they are going out of style. My momma gave the best hugs. I wipe my tears and walk to the bathroom.

My phone beeps while in the bathroom and I pull it out of my pocket and see a text from Parker.

📱Hey, Raylee are we still on at noon?

📱Yep, still noon. 😊

📱Ok cya shortly!

"Hey, Maxine is there anything you need me to do before going to lunch?" I ask.

"No it's all good and I brought my lunch I plan to call Nadine while your out to come to the shop," she said.

"Ok sounds good. I'll be next door if you need me," I said walking out the door and over to the bakery.

I spot Parker in line and he waves me over. "I already ordered if you want to grab us a table." He said.

"Ok, I can do that." I smile and walk over to a table at the window and sit down. It wasn't long till Parker sit down across from me with two sandwiches and two drinks with a bag of chips.

"I hope this is ok with you but I got you a sandwich and chips." He smiled.

"Oh, it's fine with me. I have only had blueberry doughnuts and iced coffee." I said.

"So my dad totally caught me and asked why I had the same shirt on." He laughed.

I giggled. "Well, Maxine wanted to know why I seemed in a better mood this morning."

"I'm glad I could help you out." He smirked.

"Oh, Maxine thinks it's a good idea to bring your mom in to help while I learn flower names." I smile.

"She will like that and she loves flowers. So it's a win-win."

"Excuse me umm Raylee I thought that was you." The guy said.

I turn to look and recognize him from the funeral home.  "I'm umm sorry I forgot your name but I recognize you," I said.

"It's Eli and it's ok I just wanted to say hi. You met me at the funeral home yesterday." He said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," I said turning back around in my seat and smiling at Parker.

"If you need anything here is my card just call day or more." He said and winked and walked away.

"Eww did he just wink at me?" I ask.

Parker had a pissed look on his face. "That guy is a douche. I know that guy and he's out to see how many girls pants he can get in."

"So his boss Edward was the douche canoe who was such a jerk to me yesterday," I said.

"Douche canoe huh? That's hilarious coming from a sweet girl like you." He laughed.

"How much you want to bet he will show up tomorrow with his uncle to console you." He said.

"Well he's sorely mistaken and he's wasting his time if he wants in my pants." I roll my eyes.

"So what are your plans this evening?" He asked.

"I don't have any that I know of." I smiled.

"How about I come over and we can watch some Netflix or a movie and eat popcorn and candy and make a night of it." He said.

"That sounds like fun Parker. But I don't have any candy just popcorn," I said.

"Just leave that up to me. I'll pick up what we need and be there between 7-8?" he asked.

"I look forward to it." I smile at him.