Ch 18 🏍

Damn this girl does something to me

Damn this girl does something to me. I can't believe I told her that I like her. Parker, you are so stupid and now that I know shes so innocent I will scare her off.

"You want to go to the den and watch some tv? Or go upstairs and look in the safe with me?" She said.

"Oh, the safe for sure." I laugh.

"I just remembered the safe a little bit ago and I know the combination already." She said.

I follow her upstairs and to her mom's room. She walks around to the left side of the bed and kneels down until this compartment opens up and a door flops down and she pulls out this fireproof safe.

"Wow, that's a great hiding place," I said sitting down on the bed.

"I don't show just anyone a hiding place." She giggles placing the box on the bed and putting in the combination and opens it.

There are a few legal papers like the title to the house and car and the flower shop. a couple of stacks of money and some jewelry. She picked up one letter said read me Raylee.

~Raylee,

I was hoping you would find this. As you can see titles and money but the most important thing in this box is this ring. My mom gave it to me when I was your age and I had planned on giving it to you. It's probably not worth much in value but it meant the world to me. The other thing was my grandma's cameo necklace. It's been passed down for generations and someday I want you to pass it down to your son or daughter. In case you run out of money already here is three hundred grand. Couldn't leave it all in the bank Ha! I love you so very much pumpkin.

Love always,
Momma~

She holds the necklace in her hand and sniffs. I walk around to her and put my hands on her shoulder. "That's a beautiful necklace and words your momma wrote."

"Thanks! I've seen the necklace and ring several times but had forgotten about it really." She smiled placing the items back in the box along with the money and locking it back under the bed.

"Holy shit I've never seen so much money before." I laugh.

"I haven't either but I'm going to leave it there for a rainy day. She left me more than that in checking and I hope to not use all that but obviously that's why my father wants money." She said.

"Maybe he knows how much she had? He doesn't know about that hiding place does he?" I ask.

"No, I don't think so. she had that installed later after she got this bed and he was long gone." She said.

"He has other kids with other women?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I think two other wives and three kids maybe. I don't know any of them or met them. Like I said he never came around." She sighed.

"Are you ready to go check the alarm that needs to be a habit and look at the camera before bed?" I ask.

"Yeah let's go I need to learn all of this stuff." she smiles.

We walk downstairs and I walk her through the process of setting the alarm and then we go check the monitors and laugh when we see a couple of cats humping in the driveway.

"Oh no!" she laughs which makes me laugh as well. I follow her to the kitchen and we grab a snack and head back up to the bedroom.

"So do you have a bedroom in this house or not?" I ask.

"I do but I would rather stay in here and be closer to my mom," she said.

"I can understand that I think I would want to be around my loved one too. I'm sorry I don't have any experience in this area," I said.

"You may not but you have really been here for me because if not I would have been completely alone. Well besides Maxine," she said.

"I hope your dad doesn't come back to bother you any and if so he can't get in without the alarm going off," I said.

"I'm happy about that. I can't expect you to sleepover every night in case something happens and it might not again." She said.

"It's ok Raylee I don't mind. how about we get ready for bed since we have to work tomorrow?" I said walking over to my duffle bag and pull out a pair of shorts to put on.

She goes into another room and comes out in a really long t-shirt on and her hair pulled on top of her head. I can't help but stare at her bare legs as she walks over and slips into the bed.

"Are you comfortable that I have shorts on?" I ask.

"Of course Parker jeans are not fun to sleep in." she giggles.

I get in the bed beside her and lay on my back as she cuts out the light. "Are you ready to go back to work tomorrow?" I ask.

"I think so I mean I need to stay busy so I won't think of stuff but then I come here and it's like I'm in a warp zone of mommas stuff and I'm constantly waiting for her to come in. "She sniffs."

"Come here Raylee," I said.

She scoots over close to me and lays her head on my chest. I run my fingers through her hair and just let her cry.

"I miss momma so much, Parker! I just want her back." She cries.

"It's ok Raylee I know you miss her and I'm sure she didn't want to leave you and believe me when I tell you that I will be here for you. I'm not leaving you." I said.

She raised her head up and stared at me and I so wanted to kiss her but I wouldn't take advantage of her in this state.

"Thank you for not even knowing me and staying with me Parker." she sniffs.

"You're more than welcome. Now let's get some sleep." I said pulling her closer to me.