Ch 20 🏍

I walk into the flower shop and hear laughter

I walk into the flower shop and hear laughter. I walk back to the big table and see Maxine, Raylee, and mom sitting around the table working on flowers.

"Hello, ladies!" I smile walking over to the table.

"Hey, son!" My mom smiles at me.

"Hello, Parker," Maxine smirks.

"Raylee are you ready to go to lunch?" I ask smiling at her.

"Sure let me just finish this last flower and we can go." She said.

"Where are you guys going?" Nadine asks.

"Just next door to grab a sandwich and something sweet." I smile.

Raylee finishes her flowers and gets up and I follow her out the door and can't help but watch her ass in those jeans. God, they are so tight. I pull the bakery door open for her and we walk in to see a smiling Gloria.

"Well hello, you two what can I get you?" She asked.

I motion for Raylee to go first... "Umm I'll have a bird in the nest and a blueberry filled doughnut and an iced coffee please." She smiled.

"And I will have the same besides a chocolate croissant," I said walking over to the register and I see Raylee getting money out. "I got it Raylee why don't you go find us a seat." I smile.

She walks off and over to a booth in the back corner and soon I was following her carrying our food. I slid in the booth beside her and handed out the food.

"Thanks, Parker but I could have bought the food." she smiled.

"What kind of guy would I be if I didn't buy your food?" I smile at her.

"Wonder why this is called a bird in the hand?" She giggles.

"I'm not sure it's just a butt load of turkey with cheese and a little mayo." I look down at it.

"Hi, guys thought I saw you over here," Eli said.

"Hey man, what can we do for you?" I asked.

"Oh, I don't need anything from you. I was hoping Raylee would go out with me this weekend." He smiled like a jerk he is.

Raylee looked over at me for help. "Umm sorry man but we made it official last night and the only person she's going on a date with is me," I smirk.

"Oh I see well damn alright well when he messes up I'm available." He said and walked away.

"I put my arm on the back of the booth. I'm sorry I didn't know what to say." I said.

"It's fine Parker! He gives me the creeps so maybe he will leave me alone." She sighed.

"Hey don't let it bother you. We were having a good lunch before he showed up." I remove my arm from behind her and squeeze her hand and bring it up to my lips and kiss the top of her hand.

Her face blushed and then she looked down at her doughnut. She's so cute when she blushes.

Lunch was over to fast and it was time to walk her back to the flower shop. "You ready to head back to work and slave over the flowers?" I ask.

She laughed. "Oh because it's so hard. Your the one who does manual labor at your dad's shop."

"True we are setting a motor down in a car right now. I'm sure dad didn't take a lunch so I better go. I'll cya at quitting time." I said smiling at her and walking back to the shop.

"Son is that you?" My dad said under the hood of the car we are working on.

"It's me dad did you stop to eat?"

"I did your mom packed me a lunch." He said.

"I saw her in the flower shop she was helping Raylee and Maxine with bunches of flowers they are putting together," I said.

"Oh yeah she's enjoying that but what I really want to know is why Raylee was on the back of your bike," he smirked.

"To be honest I asked her to. I stayed over last night Zack installed the security system for her and her dad had shown up so Mick came by after I called you and took our statements." I said.

"Her dad is a piece of shit doesn't he know she's grieving? I guess he doesn't care and thinks something is owed to him." Dad said.

"She showed me the letter her mom left her and said don't give him any money under no circumstances. Her mom left her a ton of money but he doesn't deserve any of it." I said.

"I know you like her son but it's nice of you to help her out and stay with her. Tell me though have you kissed her?" Dad asks.

"No dad I haven't but the creepy guy from the funeral home came into the bakery second day in a row hitting on her and I told him today she was my girl. I kissed her hand and she blushed," I said.

"What creepy guy?" He asked.

"The funeral home guy Edward who owns it it's his nephew Eli but I don't know his last name. He told her in front of me that when she's done with me he will be waiting." I said.

"Sounds like a real douche if you ask me," Dad said looking under the hood of the car.

"I feel she's too innocent and people want to try and use her but I'm not going to let that happen," I said handing dad a wrench.

"Any plans for tonight? Or are you staying with her again?" Dad asked.

"I'm not sure I mean I need to take her home but I'm not sure I don't want to feel overprotective but I worry and I really think she doesn't like being alone," I said.

Well, it's almost quitting time but son just be a gentleman like I taught you and make her feel safe. It seems she hasn't had that in a long while and even if she's not showing it she's hurting because you know she really misses her mom." He said.

"I know dad I know and I just want to help her all I can," I said gathering up the tools and putting them away for tomorrow's work.

"Bye dad see you in the morning,"  I call out and head outside to my bike.