Ch 17 🌸

I can't believe all these people want to help me

I can't believe all these people want to help me. I think my mom brought Parker into my life knowing that I needed a friend to lean on.

I sit down on the couch with two pieces of pizza chewing on one and just thinking about the day and what all that has happened.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Parker said.

"Oh sorry was just thinking about everything that happened today." I smile over at him.

"I'm sorry it's been a terrible day. I hope my ugly face didn't make it worse." He said crossing his eyes.

"Oh stop you arent ugly and if you keep doing your eyes like that they will stick." I giggle.

Wes rolls his eyes over to Zack and makes a kissy face.

I giggle and Parker laughs watching his two best friends.

"Ok, I got to finish up this security system I'm almost done," Zack said.

"And I need to get going I got a hot date in a couple of hours." Wes wiggles his eyebrows.

"Thanks for coming Wes I'll cya this weekend," I said.

"Cya around 10 am," Wes said and walked out the door with Parker following behind him.

I clean up the pizza boxes and put the rest in the fridge. I walk outside to a swing in the backyard and start swinging thinking back to when momma and I used to swing out here for hours.

I wish she didn't have to leave me I'm so young. Why didn't dad come by when I was a kid to get to know me? Its because he didn't want to he doesn't even know my fuckin name!  I'm in deep thought when I feel someone touch my arm.

"Raylee you ok?" Parker looks at me concerned.

"Yeah, I guess no I'm not. I don't understand why momma had to leave me and I don't get why my dad never came around when I was a child. I mean he doesn't even know my name, Parker. I'm so frustrated with the whole thing."

"I've never had to depend on people before my momma taught me to be independent and I feel like you guys are doing too much for me," I said.

"Hey look at me." He reaches for my hand and locks his fingers in mine. "I really like you Raylee and its nothing to get help from friends." He said.

"I really like you to Parker you are too good to me." I smile at him.

"I don't think you understand Raylee. I really really like you. Like more than a friend." He smiled at me.

"You do? No boy has ever liked me like that." I said.

"Wait no boy? You have never had a boyfriend?" He asked.

"No I was too geeky in high school and quiet and in college, I went on dates but really I focused on my school work and most boys just want in your pants anyway," I said.

"Wow, I figured you have had a ton of boyfriends," He smirks.

I reach out and smack his chest softly. "You jerk you think I'm a whore don't you?" I laugh.

"No, I never thought that. A little reserved but not a whore that's for sure. I like you just the way you are Raylee." He smiled at me.

I lean over close to his ear and whisper. "I'm a virgin so yeah I'm a nun." I laugh and move back to my seat.

Parker swallows hard looking into my eyes. "That's a turn on that your pure for just the right person. You don't find that quality in a lot of girls."

"Are you hoping to deflower me?" I ask biting my lip.

Parker chokes on his own spit. "What the fuck Raylee what happened to the quiet and shy girl?" He laughed.

"I am human you know Parker I know guys want to be the first." That's why I don't hang out with guys. I have never had a guy friend until you." I smiled at him.

"That's really nice to know that you have only hung out with me. I hope you like me too." He smiles at me.

"I like you Parker and I think you are cute but I feel that I don't know enough about life to be with a guy like you," I said.

"A guy like me? What's that mean?" He said.

"Someone that knows about love and sex and all that. I'm too innocent when it comes to that." I said.

"Will you let me figure that out for myself? I want to invest time in you because I like you." He said grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

Before I could say anything else Zack walks outside. "Hey, guys if you don't mind coming in I can show you how to use the system."

We get up and follow him to the system and he explains how to use it and I need to put a password in and then he takes us to the monitors and where it shows. The front door and in front of the garage and in the backyard.

"That is awesome! Thank you so much, Zack. I appreciate it so much." I said.

"You are more than welcome Raylee." He smiles heading toward the door.

"Wait I have a check for you Zack," I said walking to my purse to grab it and walking back I hand it to him.

"Hey, this is two hundred dollars to much," Zack said.

"Consider it a tip so just take it ok?" I smile.

"Wow, thanks! Alright, I'm going to head out I'll see you guys later." Zack said shutting the door behind him.

I turn around and Parker is right behind me. "If you need to leave I think I will be ok now that I have my security alarm." I smile.

"I really don't mind staying maybe since this is new I'll stay tonight if you want me too." He bats his long eyelashes at me.

"Fine! If you wish but I don't want you thinking that I am a helpless girl because I can stab a bitch." I smirk.

"Oh, fuck did you say stab a bitch? Wow, you are something else Raylee." He laughs.

"I did and I am dangerous so you better not come no closer." I take off running to the kitchen and he runs after me laughing.