Ch 30 🌸

I pack up as much money my duffle bag will hold and then pack up another one for Parker to carry

I pack up as much money my duffle bag will hold and then pack up another one for Parker to carry. He already made arrangements with Rick to deposit the money.

We head to the bank in my truck to get rid of the money first before we go looking for food. I kept a hundred thousand hid in the safe so I can use it when need be and let the rest draw interest. I would hate to know they broke in and took any.

We got all the money into my account and I must say I'm pretty stinking rich but that doesn't define me.

"Let's go get an iced coffee and a sandwich." Parker smiled at me grabbing my hand to hold.

"Sounds good I'm starving," I said.

"I think my dad sells no trespassing signs so we can check there before going to another store." He said.

"That sounds good to me as well and lets put a call into Mick to see if he's working," I said.

"Yeah let me call him first before we head inside." He said.

Once inside the bakery, we place our order and sit down. "So sounds like Mick is working and he wants us to come in soon before he goes on patrol. I told him after we eat we would." He said.

"We can take it to go and eat on the way if you want," I said.

"Ok while you're waiting on the food I'll run down see if dad has any signs. I'll be right back." He said.

I get the food and head out to the truck just as Parker is walking out of his dad's store and he sees me and smiles. Lordy, he is handsome and I'm glad he chose me.

He gets in the truck. "Dad said to tell you hi."

"That was nice of him. Here is your sandwich." I said unwrapping it and handing it over to him.

"Thanks, I'm starving and this will help. We will get this paperwork over with and get back home to check the pool." He said.

"I hope I don't see either of them because I'm sure they won't be in jail for long." I sigh.

"How about since we have all the money safely stored away you come stay at my place tonight." He smiles over at me.

"That sounds like fun Parker. I need a change of scenery."

My phone beeps I look down to see a text from Koral.

📱Hey Raylee! Was thinking of you and wondering if you wanted to get drinks tonight with us.

📱Thanks for the offer but I have plans.

📱With Parker? 😉

📱Of course! We are a thing now. 😝

📱Well, congrats! Let's try to get together next weekend.

📱Sounds good! Thanks for the offer, Koral.

"It was Koral wanting to grab drinks but I told her I have plans tonight," I said smiling over at him.

Parker smiles back as we pull into the police station. Swallowing down his last bite of food. "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I sigh getting out of the truck.

Walking into the police station was weird and somewhere I had never been before. When we walk in Mick sees us and comes over to usher us to his desk.

"Hey, kids! Listen them two are still locked up but will probably be released today. Let's get these restraining orders processed."

Thirty minutes later we finish the paperwork and ready to get out of there. "Thanks again Mick for coming to the rescue," I said.

"Anytime! That's what I'm here for." He smiles and walks us out of the building.

Once back home we walk out to check the pool and it isn't long until Wes shows up. He adds a bunch of chemicals to the water and he said it will be ready in a couple of days.

"Thanks again Wes and when I have a pool party I'll invite you." I laugh.

"Sounds good later guys! Another pool awaits." He laughs.

I look at Parker and laugh. "He's a strange one. How long have you been friends?"

"Since kindergarten actually. Him and Zack both." He said standing up and grabbing my hand. "Come on let's go do a treasure hunt and hide the pictures until we get back."

I follow him into the house and upstairs and grab a picture. "Ok let's see what this one says." I turn it over.

~Your favorite movie as a kid.~

"Oh haha, she's hidden it in a DVD case downstairs," I said approaching the steps.

"What's the movie Raylee?" I ask.

"The lady and the tramp." I laugh.

I find the case and open it up and find a stack of money and on the money, the band has an arrow on it so I open the next case and so on until we find all the money and there is ten thousand.

"Let's add it to the hiding spot along with the pictures and get ready to head to my place," Parker said.

"Sounds good to me," I said going back upstairs. I hide the money and pictures and then pack an overnight bag.

"Let's order a pizza and get some movies to watch once we get there," Parker said.

"Ok, I'm ready to go when you are. Let's cut on a porch light and set the alarm." I said walking back downstairs checking all the doors.

"Lights are on and the alarm is set. Maybe we should take your truck since u have a big duffle bag as do I need to wash clothes." He said.

"Parker I can wash them for you. I mean it's the least I can do for you." I said.

"It's fine really." He said as we pull out onto the road heading to the pizza place.

Once picking up the pizza and movies we head to Parker's place. I'm a little nervous and I guess because I'm out of my comfort zone but I like being with Parker.

"Here we are. Let's go in and eat I'm always hungry." He laughs.