Ch 52🌸

A couple of days had passed since we made the announcement of our engagement

A couple of days had passed since we made the announcement of our engagement. Everyone was so excited and wanted to help any way they could.

So far I have the flowers covered and a maid of honor which is Lynn and a bridesmaid Koral and Milly And Parker well he wants his best man to be Zack with Wes and Judson as groomsmen.

I just want a light pink chiffon color with white and pink peonies. Nothing fancy and we are going to have the ceremony in a barn close to town. The only thing I have left to do is ask Mick.

The cake we had made and picked a cherry almond flavor that's three layers with real flowers going down one side.

Parker wants to get married right away so next week it is. Since I have some spare time at work I decided to leave early and head to the police station to see Mick.

Lynn seems to think that he will say yes and she knows what I have done and she cried and thanked me for it but she hasn't told Mick about the mortgage since shes the one that keeps up with the bills.

I pull in at the station and head inside and see him right away. He looks up and smiles at me as I walk over to his desk.

"It's nice to see a smiling face! What's up Raylee?" He asks.

"Mind if I sit? I have a question for you." I said.

"Sure but before you do I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you did with Justin's therapy. I know you have done something else but Lynn won't tell me." He said.

I bite my lip and sit back in the chair. "Promise you won't get mad at me?" I smirk.

"What did you do Raylee?" He asked.

"Now I didn't come down here to rat myself out or anything Mr. officer." I laugh.

He smirks. "Just tell me I'll try not to get mad." He said sitting down his pen.

"Well, I kinda sorta paid off your lien and mortgage," I whispered.

"You what? Girl, what am I going to do with you?" He said his eyes all glassy.

"Mick I can explain. Listen my mom left me millions and if I cant share it and take care of the people I love and care for what good is it? I know you needed it and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here and about to be married." I said.

"Well, then all I can do is say thank you from the bottom of my heart and congratulations on your upcoming wedding." He said.

"You are more than welcome and that's why I'm here actually. Our wedding is next Saturday and I was hoping maybe you would walk me down the aisle." I said looking at him.

"You want me to walk you down the aisle?" He asked shocked.

"Yes Mick you are the closest thing I have to a dad and I would love it if you would," I said.

"It would be my honor Raylee. Your mom was a great friend of mine and I would do anything for you even though you are a pain in my ass at times." He laughed.

I smile over at him and jump up and hug him. "Thank you so much for saying yes! All you have to do is show up Lynn and I will cover the rest," I said.

"Oh, I'm sure you will. Thanks again for everything you have done. You have no idea the pressure I was under." He blows out a breath.

"Anytime that's what family is for." I pat him on the back and walk out of the police station and head to my truck.

When I arrive home Parker and Judson are in the kitchen putting away some groceries that he stopped and got on the way home.

"Hey beautiful where have you been?" Parker asked.

"I stopped by the police station to see Mick and he said he would walk me down the aisle." I smile.

"Oh, I knew he would. Did he know about the mortgage?" Parker asked.

"No he didn't but I told him and at first he wasn't happy but his eyes glassed over and he thanked me so it's all good," I said.

"Can I go swimming?" Judson asked.

"Sure just go change out of your good clothes," I said.

"Want to grill tonight and we can go outside and watch him swim and we can swing in your mom's swing?" Parker asked.

"That sounds good to me. I'm going to go change my clothes and get comfy." I said as Parker was right on my heels following me up to our room.

Once in our room he shuts the door and grabs me and turns me around and his lips are on mine fast. "I missed you today," He said kissing my lips again.

"I missed you too but I was trying to get things ready for Saturday. Are you ready to marry me? I mean we already live together so nothing is going to change." I laughed.

"Not really nothing is going to change besides you becoming Mrs. Parker Cohen. I really like the sound of that." He smiled at me.

I kissed him one more time and grabbed some clothes to change into. By the time we got downstairs, Judson was waiting patiently on us. He knows not to get in without an adult outside and yes I know he's fifteen but anyone can drown in a little amount of water.

I walk over and put my feet in the pool while he jumps in the water from the diving board and comes up laughing.

Parker is grilling some hamburgers and it smells so good I'm hungry. I don't think I have eaten anything besides fruit this morning.

"I'm starving babe," I said getting up and going over to where he was. He wrapped his arm around my neck and kissed my temple. It will be ready soon. I'm starving too but for something else." He winked.

"When aren't you?" I laughed.