Ch 43🏍

We just got the motor set in the car and was drinking water when my phone rang

📞 Hello?

📞Parker its Koral omg Raylee has been shot!

📞Wait slow down say it again

📞Raylee she's been shot we were coming out of the bar and someone shot her. Parker, we are behind the ambulance. Get to the hospital now, please!

📞Oh, fuck! I'll be right there.

I run across the room and grab my keys trying to hold back my tears. "Dad I gotta go." I sniff.

"Whats happened Parker?" He asked.

"Raylee she's been shot. I gotta get to the hospital." I cry.

"Come on I'll drive you cant take yourself. But we need to let your mom and Maxine know ok? Let's go." He said.

We run out to my dad's truck and fly down the road. He calls mom and she said she would call Maxine and meet us at the hospital.

"I can't lose her dad I love her. What in the hell happened. All Koral said was that she was shot but she didn't say where but she was crying hard." I wipe my eyes.

"I know it's hard but try not to get yourself all worked up until you talk to someone. And when you get there if you don't say you are her fiance they won't let you see her or tell us whats going on." Dad said.

We pull up at the hospital and I take off running inside where I find Koral and Tammy crying with blood on their clothes.

"Oh my god, what the Fuck happened?" I ask out of breath looking at both of them.

Koral cries. "Everything was good and we walked out together and the next thing you know she was shot in the chest. Parker, she had her phone over her heart in her bra but I'm not sure if the bullet hit the phone or not but she was bleeding and she hit her head hard on the asphalt."

"Has anyone called Mick? I need him." I said.

"A cop was here asking questions but it wasn't the man at the bbq," Tammy said.

I pull my phone out and dial his number.

📞Mick speaking.

📞Mick, it's Parker I need you at the hospital Raylee has been shot.

📞Oh shit, I didn't know that was her. I'm on my way now. Don't say anything until get there ok?

📞Thank you so much. We are in the ER.

"Mick said don't talk to anyone until he gets there," I said to Koral and Tammy.

We are sitting in the ER forever when mom and Maxine show up crying and not long after that Mick shows up.

He pulls me over to the side so no one can hear. "From what I know of the shell casing it was a 22 and we know three people that want her out of the way. I need to go talk to Judson and see what he knows. I'll be in touch ok? I'm praying for Raylee." He pats my back and walks off.

A Dr comes out of a set of double doors and looks around. "Nash family?" He said.

I walked over to her. "I am her fiance. How is she?" I ask.

"A very lucky young lady. That cell phone saved her life." He chuckled.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"If that cell phone wouldn't have been in her bra over her heart you would be making funeral plans. But the blood loss was from the phone going into her skin but we have it all out and her sewed up and she did hit her head hard and a knot but nothing serious." He said.

"Thank god! When can I see her?" I ask.

"She's asking for Parker. Is that you?" The doctor asked.

"That's me," I said.

"Follow me then." He said and turned around and walked back down the hall and I was right on his heels.

When we get to the room he pulls the curtain back and Raylee is laying there looking out the window until she saw me.

I walked over to her side of the bed and leaned down and peppered kisses all over her face. "You scared the fuckin hell out of me," I said.

"I'm sorry I was scared myself. Parker my family did this didn't they?" She asked.

"I'm not sure beautiful but Mick said it was a 22 shell casing and he was headed to talk to Judson. How are you feeling?" I ask.

Her chest is all bandaged up and she can barely move her left arm. "Umm, I'm very sore. I thought I was going to die I didn't know what happened to me and I couldn't seem to open my eyes."

"I'm glad you are ok and as bad as I want to go to Jeff's house and beat the shit out of him because it had to be one of those three that did this I'll let Mick handle it," I said.

"Yeah let Mick handle it I couldn't handle if you went to prison. But I guess now I need a new phone huh? I'm sure blew up by a gun isn't covered by insurance." She tried to laugh.

That caused me to laugh. "Do you think you can handle some visitors? Maxine, Koral, and Tammy are out there along with my parents." I said.

"Sure go get them. I know Maxine won't be ok until she sees me." She said as she let go of my hand.

I walk back to the waiting area and lead them all to her room. Maxine rushes over to her and leans down and kisses her as does my mom. Koral is still crying and Tammy squeezes her hand. My dad and I stand back so the women can talk.

My phone rings and I step out into the hall and answer it when I see its Mick.

📞Hey

📞Hey Parker how is she?

📞Awake now and ok thankfully.

📞I have Judson with me. He wants to see her and I can explain when I get there. Do you think she would like to see him?

📞I think she would. I'll be waiting in the ER for you.

📞Be there in a few.

I pace around the ER I hope she will be ok with meeting him. Obviously, Judson knows something and Mick thinks he's safe. Guess we will see.