Ch 44🌸

When Parker walks back into my room he asked if he could have a few minutes alone with me

Everyone decides to go home but to call if we need anything.

"What's going on Parker?" I asked trying to sit up.

"Mick is on his way up to talk to you and he has Judson with him. He asked if you would be willing to talk to him and I'm sorry if I overspoke but I said yeah." He said.

"Judson? Wow, I wasn't prepared but sure I want to meet my brother." I smile at him and squeeze his hand.

There is a knock on the door before Mick walks in with a young boy walking behind him with his head down.

Parker smiles and ushers them in. "Hey, Judson." He said.

Judson raises his head up and smiles when he sees Parker. "Hi." He said.

"Judson this is your sister Raylee," Parker said bringing him closer to my bed.

"Hi Judson nice to meet you," I said.

"I'm really sorry what happened to you Raylee." He said sincerely.

"Thank you." I smile at him.

Mick walks over to the bed and grabs my hand. "How are you kiddo?"

"I'm sore but I'm ok thanks to my phone," I said.

"So Judson here came with me because he was home alone after the police came to his house and did a search," Mick said.

"I'm sorry, Raylee I knew that Verna had a gun like that, and I know she is who shot you," Judson said.

"How do you know that Judson?" Parker asked.

"Because when she got back she asked me to hide the gun that she may be in some trouble. But I didn't touch the gun I put it in a freezer bag and hid it under my bed until I could call Mick." He said.

"You could of been shot," I said.

"I was careful and I know my way around guns. Dad taught us all how to use them. I'm not sure where he and mom disappeared to but I know they ran." He said.

"Where is Verna? Did she get arrested?" I ask.

"She's in custody now. We caught her at an IHOP eating. She's not talking though. Milly isn't part of this and Judson isn't either."  Mick said.

"Where is Milly?" I asked.

"She umm was with her boyfriend when all of this happened but she knows I'm with an officer. She was pretty shocked about what happened." Judson said.

I begin to doze in and out I was so tired and the pain med was kicking in. When I woke up a few hours later Parker and Judson were sitting together playing cards and laughing.

I yawned and Parker got up and walked over to the bed. "Hey, beautiful how are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm sore but ok what's going on over here?" I ask looking at Judson.

"I'm beating him at Rummy." He laughs.

"Um Mick got a call and had to leave and so I told him to leave him here. I hope it's ok." Parker said.

"Oh, it's ok with me. Now you two get over here. I want to play rummy too." I smile at them.

I can't help but look at him and feel sorry for him for the way he has grown up and he seems like a nice kid.

"Hey Judson have you heard of me before recently?" I asked him.

"I have always known of a Ray but I thought it was a boy. Dad talked about you some." He said.

"I'm sorry to say I don't know about you. I mean I knew he had more kids but I didn't know until my mom passed and Maxine told me." I said.

"I'm sorry about your mom. I know some moms show real love but mine don't." He said.

"What do you mean?" Parker asked.

"She's not a mom like yours or probably even Raylee's. She just never cared for me or hugged me or anything." Judson said.

I made eye contact with Parker and teared up. "How about you come up here and lay with me, Judson?" I ask him.

He smiled at me. "Really?" He asked.

"Really!" I smile at him and scoot over.

Once he gets in the bed I wrap my arm around him and squeeze him tight. He looks over at me. "Your not as bad as they said."

"She's an amazing person Judson." Parker smiled and grabbed my hand.

"He has my heart, Judson. I love Parker very much." I said.

"Parker is cool plus he rides a motorcycle." Judson laughed

It doesn't take long until Judson is asleep and I look over at Parker and smile. "What are we going to do with the kid? He can't go back to that house. His parents are on the run and Verna is in custody and Milly is with her boyfriend." I said.

"Do you want to take him home? I mean we have room." Parker said.

"You said home, Parker." I smile.

"Home is wherever you are and when I heard you got shot I couldn't even function Raylee because I love you so much." He said.

"I love you too Parker. While I was on the ground what I can remember I kept saying your name." I said.

A nurse walks in. "Time to change your dressing Miss Nash." She said.

"Does he need to move?" I ask speaking of Judson asleep with his arm wrapped around me.

"He looks like he needs to be right where he is." She smiled.

"Can I see her wound?" Parker asked.

"As long as miss Nash is ok with it." The nurse said.

"Yeah, I don't mind this is my boyfriend." I smiled at him.

"Well, who is this?" She points to Judson.

"My newly found brother." I smile.

"Well if that isn't the sweetest thing. I saw what happened to you on the news and your half sister has been arrested." She said.

"Yeah, it's a long story I don't even know the girl." I sighed.