Ch 3 🌸

Arriving at the bank I wait to talk to someone about the bank account momma had already set up for me

A pretty redhead walks out smiling at me in a pants suit. "Are you Raylee Nash?" She asks.

"Yes, I am," I said.

"Come this way please." She leads me to an office down the hall.

I sit down in a chair in front of her desk. While she pulls some papers out. "Oh, I'm Koral Bailey by the way. Are you new here? I don't recognize you." She asked.

"I'm from here but went away to college in California but my momma passed a few days ago and now I'm here trying to figure out what I'm doing but she set me up a bank account and the lawyer told me to come here," I said.

"I'm sorry to hear about your mom." She frowns. "But do you have the paperwork I can look at so I can set this up for you?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, here it is. You may have known my mom but if not you probably know of her flower shop in town." I said.

"Oh, Kabloom? I love that place! She always has the best flowers. Please tell me you aren't closing it." She asked.

"I'm not sure what I'm doing yet but Maxine is helping me out with the store," I said.

"Ok looks like she had it all set up for you. Would you like checking and savings?" Koral asked.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I am so scattered I don't know if I'm coming or going, to be honest." I sit back in the chair and my eyes glaze over with tears.

"Oh, girl I'm so sorry." Koral jumps up and hands me a tissue.

"Thank you so much all I want is my momma." I cry.

Koral sits down beside me and rubs my back. "Say how about going out later for a drink with me and my friend Tammy? Just to the bar downtown because it looks like you need it. Say around 7 pm?" She said.

"That would be nice thank you! I don't have any friends here and well I could use that drink." I smile.

"Meet us at the crooked cup then. I promise we will have a good time." She smiles handing me a starter book of checks.

"Thank you so much Koral for being kind. I need to get back to Maxine but I will see you tonight. Here is my number just in case." I said smiling and walk out the door.

I jump in the truck and head back to the flower shop. I walk over to the bakery because the smell is just too much and it's pretty busy here. I smile at the older lady behind the counter.

"What can I get you?" She asks.

"Umm two blueberry filled doughnuts and two iced coffees please," I said.

"Coming right up! You look familiar do I know you?" She asked.

"I'm Sarah's daughter from the flower shop." I smiled.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm Gloria and that's Robert my husband we own this place and we loved your mom. She will be missed." She said.

"Thank you so much I appreciate it." I smile and walk out the door and right into a hard body. "Oh god, I'm so sorry I didn't see you," I said looking up into a pair of caramel-colored eyes.

"It's ok." He laughs helping me to steady the items in my hands. "I've had worse thrown on me." He smiles with his pearly white straight teeth.

"Again I'm really sorry but my head isn't on straight today," I said rushing past him to get to the flower shop.

"Maxine! I'm back! Where are you?" I ask.

"I'm back here at the big table." She hollers surrounded by lots of flowers.

"I walked next door and got us a doughnut and an iced coffee. I hope you like that." I said laying it on the table.

"I like everything." She laughs. "Did you get it all straightened out at the bank?"

"I did and made a friend who I'm going to go out with tonight and have a drink. Her name is Koral and she set up my checking and savings account." I smile.

"I'm glad that you did sweetie. You need a night out to relax. Mind to help me with some flowers for a while?" She asked.

"Of course you just have to show me how you want them. What are these lilies?" I ask.

"Tiger Lillies yes with some baby breaths mixed in. It's for a wedding tomorrow and I need twenty-five bunches done and as you can see I have three done." She laughs.

"Let's finish these doughnuts off and get started I am glad to help however that I can even though I have no idea what I'm doing Maxine." I laugh.

"Oh your momma taught me everything that I know and I'm willing to teach you. We can make Kabloom better than ever with a sprinkle of your momma mixed in." She smiled.

"I hope so Maxine. I haven't decided yet what I want to do but I'm leaning more to sticking around here and keeping mommas wishes going." I said.

An hour later we have all twenty-five bunches done and Maxine has a tag on them of who they belong to and puts the box in the freezer to keep them fresh.

"I think we are done for the day lets lock up and we can leave," Maxine said.

We finish everything up and as we walk outside and I get up in the truck the guy I ran into earlier was sitting on a bench outside of the parts store. He smiled and waved at me as I passed by. I threw my hand up and pulled out and headed home.