Ch 37🏍

The next morning we woke up to the alarm clock

The next morning we woke up to the alarm clock. It's back to work this morning. We decided to go separately since Raylee has some flowers to deliver to a church for a wedding.

I follow her to the parking lot. "Bye beautiful I'll see you at lunch if you can," I said kissing her lips.

"I'll let you know if I take longer at the church."She said smiling at me and hugs me tight.

We depart from each other and head into work and see a young guy at the counter. "Can I help you, man?" I ask him.

"Umm yeah I have a dirt bike and I need a couple of parts if you can look it up." He said looking around nervously.

"Sure what kind of dirt bike?" I ask him and he throws out a number I've never heard of so I know something is up.

"Ok, what is it that you really want? Because you are acting nervous and this isn't even a bike you just named." I said sternly.

"Fine I'm sorry but my dad made me come in here and I didn't want to and if he knew I'm telling you this I would be in trouble." He sighed.

"What's your name and who is your dad?" I ask.

"My name is Judson and my dad his name is Jeff Nash." He drops his head.

"That mother fucker! How old are you?" I ask him.

"Fifteen and I'm sorry but he knows you live in Sarah's house and he wanted me to come in here and try to get you to tell me where Raylee is." He said.

"What does it matter where she is? We have told you, I'm guessing your sister and mom and your dad shes in California and I live in Sarah's house and the reason for that is Sarah and my mom were best friends." I said.

"I don't know why my dad wants to know so much about Sarah but he thinks he can get some money." He said.

"I can assure you that house has no money and Sarah left a letter telling Raylee that any money she left her not to give it to Jeff. The police even have a letter on file and showed your family." I said.

"I always wanted to know my sister and I don't want anything from her but I'm sure she would think I was setting her up or something." Judson sighed.

"So with them in jail where are you staying?" I ask.

"At home with Milly and Verna." He said.

"Did you know Verna showed up at my house last night?" I ask him.

"She did? She said she had a date last night." Judson dropped his head.

"Listen your family is going to end up spending a lot of time in jail if they don't leave Raylee alone and stop chasing money that isn't theirs," I said.

"I've tried to tell them that but they won't listen. Why don't they just leave the girl alone?" He asks with tears in his eyes.

I feel bad for the guy but I can't let him know Raylee is here because he could just be setting me up.

"I don't know what to tell you man but she's not here," I said walking out from behind the counter.

"Thanks for talking to me Parker. I'm sorry, I came in here and bothered you. I'm going to head home now." He said.

"Where do you live?" I ask him.

"Down on 6th street with the whole family and you know I didn't even know I had another sister until recently. I've always heard about a Ray but I didn't know that was a girl." He said.

"Don't you think that's weird and then all of a sudden you that's all they think about? Money can make people do awful things and she seemed like a sweet girl and it's sad you don't know her." I said patting him on the back.

"Thanks, Parker I appreciate your help. You seem like a nice guy. If by chance you talk to Raylee will you tell her I said hi and I'm not against her?" He said walking out the door.

"What's going on son?" Dad asked walking into the shop.

"That was Raylee's brother and he basically spilled his guts on his family. It's sad really. I need to go talk to her and check on her. I will be right back ok?" I said.

"Sure son and tell your mother to come to see me for lunch." He smiled and walked back down to the car he was working on.

I walked out of the door and looked around and didn't see Judson anywhere. I walk up to the flower shop and walk in and see a girl purchasing some flowers. I smile at Maxine and walk to the back where Raylee is sitting with my mom.

"Hey mom, Raylee. I need to talk to you." I said to Raylee.

"Ok, let's go to the office." She smiled at me.

Once in the office I close the door and begin to explain what had just happened. Her eyes were big and then she teared up.

"He told me where they live and I'm going to have Mick check on him. They shouldn't be making him come to ask me questions."

"He's only fifteen and he said if I ever heard from you to tell you he isn't against you. But I don't know if he was setting me up or not." I said.

"What a mess Parker. See that's why I said I need to leave. I just can't stay here." She cried.

"No fuckin way! You already have my heart Raylee. I love you and I can't let you go." I said.

"You love me, Parker?" She asked.

"I didn't really want to tell you in a small office in a flower shop but yeah I love you and have for a while." I smile at her.

"I love you too Parker." She said jumping out of her chair and on my lap and wraps her arms around me burying her face in my neck and cries her eyes out.