Ch 33 🏍

We jump on my bike and head over to the house

We jump on my bike and head over to the house. I'm hungry just thinking about moms cooking. If feels nice to feel Raylee holding onto me. That's my girl back there I smile to myself when we pull up.

Dads out front on the porch drinking a beer and smiles when we walk up. "Hey, kids!"

"Hey, dad! How's it going?" I ask.

"Good just waiting on you guys. Hey Raylee! It's good to see you again.

"Same to you Keith." She smiles.

We walk inside and mom is busy in the kitchen. "Hey, mom! It sure smells good in here.

"Hey, guys! The food is almost ready." She smiles.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Raylee asks.

"Sure honey if you don't mind setting the table," Nadine said.

"I'm gonna go out and talk to dad." I wink and Raylee and walk back outside and sit beside dad.

"Hey dad I got some stuff weighing on my mind can I talk to you?" I said turning to look at him.

"Of course son what's going on?" He said.

"Well, Raylee and I we umm decided we want to be together and we made it official last night," I said.

"I see." He clears his throat.

"But umm she wants me to move in with her and I'm having Joe come over later and give her prices she wants the house overhauled basically," I said.

"So what's the problem?" Dad asks.

"Well she wants to pay my
townhouse off and us stay there until hers is done and either sell it or rent it out. I want to be with her but don't really want her paying my debt even though her mom has left her so much money she will never spend it in her lifetime." I said

"Well son you guys are moving fast but as I told you when you know you know and I'm glad your at least thinking about things. I would continue to make your payment and once the house is done you can figure out if you want to do what she said." Dad said.

"Yeah I mean she wants this to be our home and I'm ok with that but I want to contribute even though she doesn't need me too," I said.

"I understand that son," Dad said right before Raylee opened the door and said dinner was ready.

We all sit down to eat some delicious chicken and dumplings. "Mom this is so good." I smile.

"Glad you think so Parker." Nadine smiles.

"So I told dad and I guess we should tell you but Raylee and I have taken our relationship further and she's now my girlfriend and we will be moving in together," I said.

"Well, it doesn't surprise me any." Nadine laughs "But moving in are you sure?"

"Yeah since my dad won't leave me alone I'm afraid to be alone. I want to do an overhaul on Mom's house and so we will be back and forth between my house and his for a while." Raylee said.

"Tell me something have you found all the treasure hunts yet?" Nadine laughs.

"Umm, some why are you laughing mom?" I ask.

"She told us about them and said she left you lots of candy." Nadine laughs again.

"Candy? That is definitely not candy." Raylee laughs.

"What is it then?" Nadine asks.

"Cash millions of dollars in cash. And we still haven't found all of it yet." Raylee laughs.

"Cash? wonder where she came up with it all?" Nadine asks.

"We aren't sure she never said just leaves stacks and stacks of it mom," I said.

"Well you know she did have a rich uncle that died a couple of years back and he left her money but she never said how much," Nadine said.

"Ohh yeah her uncle George I think. I remember her talking about it but never said how much money but I have money in two different banks I have CDs and I have some hid. I just wonder if my father knows about it." I ask.

"Oh, your mom never would have told him about any kind of money. She despised him, honey." Nadine laughed.

"She's not the only one. I hope now that they both have been arrested they will stop coming over. I may need to confront him." Raylee said.

"That wouldn't be a wise idea Raylee," Dad said.

"I agree with dad we will just call Mick if anything comes up," I said.

"Mick is such a good guy! His wife Lynn is a sweetheart too.  Have you met her Raylee?" Nadine asks.

"No, I haven't I don't think. Do they have any kids?" I ask.

"Yes a son Justin he's around 15 maybe and he's autistic and doesn't talk much sadly," Nadine said.

"Once the pool is ready we want to have a party and maybe we can invite them," I said looking at Raylee.

"That would be a good idea." Raylee smiles.

After dinner, we tell my parents goodbye and head back to her house on my bike.

Once back at her house we snuggle on the couch and watch a movie. More than halfway into the movie I get up and head to the kitchen for a snack while Raylee heads to the bathroom when someone knocks at the door.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and look at the app and see its Raylee's stepmom Clarissa again so I text Mick.

📱Hey, Mick if you're in the area Raylee's stepmom is beating on the door. I'm not going to answer.

📱Hey, Parker, I am in the area just so happen I'll take care of it but don't answer the door.

📱Thanks, Mick.

I walk back into the den and find Raylee looking at her phone. "She's back isn't she?" She asks.

"Yeah she is and Mick is on his way he said not to open the door," I said.

"Do you think they are doing this by trying to run me off?" She asks.

"If they are the plan is going to fail because we aren't going anywhere. We have a house to remodel and that's not happening." I lean over and kiss her lips.