Forty

Hardins POV

Christian and I both planned for me to visit Tessa. It's a surprise so she doesn't know. I wait until he picks me up all the way from Seattle and then he was going to take me to the mall so I could get her a gift. I ended up getting her a diamond bracelet. I know it's to much but she deserves it.

"Hardin do you want to go straight to the house or do you want to wait until she's home?"Vance asked.

"I'll wait until she's there. What is the plan though how are we going to surprise her" I ask nervously.

"Okay I think we should do it simple like you knock the house door and I'll ask her if she could open it."

"That sounds good."

"Meanwhile we could go get lunch because I think Kimberly and Tessa went to the mall"he says.

"Oh they are never going to get out of there"I say and I laugh and Vance joins me.

"This is why I don't like shopping"he says. "I don't like it either"I say and we look at each other.

We eat lunch and we get ready to leave.

"Okay Hardin I'll go in wait fifteen minutes then knock in the door"he says and leaves.

I've never felt nervous in my life. Vance goes in and I wait on the porch for the time he told me. Fifteen minutes go by and I knock.

"Tessa could you please open the door?"I hear Vance say from the inside.

She opens the door and freezes.

"Are you going to let me in?"I say with a smirk.

"Hardin!"she yells and jumps into my arms almost knocking me over.

"Did you miss me"I laugh and she hugs me tighter.

"Is that even a question of course I did"she says and I put her down.

"Let's go in it's hot out here"I say and we go in the house.

"Hi Hardin"Kimberly says and I smile.

"Let's go to your room and catch up"I say and we start walking to her room.

Her room is a pinkish color and she candles everywhere.

"How have you been Hardin? Have you been okay?"she says I could tell she's worried.

"I need to tell you something Tessa. It's not bad so you don't have to be worried"I say and I could tell she relaxes.

"What is it then?"

"It's about Zed"I could see that her heart just dropped.

"What did he do?"

"He got arrested"I say and she sighs in relief.

"How do you know?"she says.

"He came to the apartment and he started fighting me and the neighbor called the cops and they said they've been looking for him but he was hiding out. So they took him and he won't be getting out anytime soon"she hugs me again and I wrap my arms around her.

"This is good new this means I could go back"she says in excitement.

I don't want her to go back I want her to stay here and take advantage of this opportunity.

"Tessa I think it's best if you stay here and take this opportunity of living here. You have your dream job you just need the other"I say and she pouts.

"But I want to be where you are"she says.

"You will be because I'm going to move out here too. I just need to find a apartment and transfer over here and we'll be together."

"What about your job?"

"I'm sure Vance will give me a job at his publishing house here. Just give me time to find a apartment for both of us. I already told Vance and Kimberly and their okay with you staying here for awhile" I say with a smile.

"Okay. Before I forget I got you something when I went to the mall today"she says.

I don't like when she spends money on me but if I tell her she'll get mad.

She hands me a small black box with a ribbon on it. I could tell it was expensive by the way it's wrapped up. I open and it's a watch. A black watch. It looks very expensive.

"I love it but you didn't need to get me this"I say.

"But I wanted to get you something nice"she says and I kiss her.

"Now before I forget I got you something too"I say and pull out the long black velvet box out of my jacket and I hand it to her.

"Open it"I say and she does what she is told.

She pulls out the bracelet and her eyes go wide.

"You got me a diamond bracelet? You didn't have to it's way to expensive"she says and tries to give it back.

"No you keep it. You deserve it."

"I don't what to say. Thank you hardin I love you"she says and I give her a kiss on the cheek.

"You could wear it two ways in a bracelet or anklet."

"Can you put it on my wrist?"she asks and I do it.

"A beautiful bracelet for a beautiful girl"I say and she scrunches her nose.

"Cheesy" she says and I laugh.

We go downstairs and we see Vance and Kimberly.

"You guys should go get dressed we're going to dinner"Vance says.

"Let me go get my bag from your car."

"Bag? Tessa says.

"Oh yeah I forgot to mention I'm going to stay here for a week.

"Yay"she says like a little girl when they get ice cream.

I get my bag and get dressed. I get my black button up shirt with my black jeans and boots. I go to Tessa's door which is next to mine and knock.

I go in and I see she is wearing a while flowy dress and she had her hair in a high pony tail.

"Wow you look great"I say and go up to her.

"So do you"she says and giggles.

We go down stairs and Vance and Kimberly are ready. We get in his van with his driver and we go to the restaurant.

Notes: I know this chapter is as nothing as interesting but at least Hardin told Tessa that Zed is in jail. What do you guys think? Most importantly what do you guys thing about Hardin moving to Seattle?