Twenty-Five

I hear a knock at the door it must be Stephany and Isabella. I open the door and let them in.

"Tessa I just want to thank you again for babysitting your a life saver."

"No problem."

"Okay so Isabella basically does everything by herself she only needs you to wait for her in the bathroom and she'll tell you if she hungry or anything like that."

"Perfect! We'll see you soon."

Stephany leaves and it's just me and Isabella in the living room. I've never felt more awkward but I have to go with it.

"Are you hungry do you want to eat breakfast?"I ask with the weirdest baby voice. "Do you want some fruit?"

"Yeah" she replies with a little giggle and it warms my heart.

I slice some strawberries and watermelon and I add some grapes to the small pink bowl. I let her sit on the couch and watch some cartoons. Minutes later she tells me she's thirsty. I give her some apple juice in the sippy up she came with.

I see Hardin walk out the room and head into the kitchen.

"Are you hungry do you want pancakes?"

"Sure."

He comes into the living room and sees the small kid sitting on the couch eating fruit and watching spongebob. I don't think he's used to kids which I find funny.

"Hardin this is Isabella."

"Hi" the small girl says.

"Hi" he says and smiles at her.

He sites down on the couch and I get started in the pancakes. I place them on a plate and I get a bowl and out some extra cut up fruit I have. I place it on the counter and when I pop my head out the kitchen I see Hardin is playing with Isabella. I go back into the kitchen and walk back into the living like if I wasn't just spying on them.

"Hardin the pancakes are ready and the fruit."

"Okay...Isabella do you want to go to the park later?"he says and my eyes go wide. I never thought Hardin would like kids or even want to play with them.

"Park...park."

"I'll take that as a yes"he laughs.

He goes and starts eating and I join him. We start to plan the day with Isabella. We plan on going to the park then taking her to the store and get her a toy and then some frozen yogurt. Good thing Stephany left us the car seat.

Hardin goes into the room and gets dressed. Meanwhile I go to the car with Isabella and put her in her car seat. We get to the park and she goes on the playground while me and Hardin are sitting on the bench.

Notes: what do you guys think so far of this story. What do you think about the small bond Hardin and Isabella have.