Thirty

The whole drive back to the apartment Hardin was sleeping. I can't believe all this happened in less than 24 hours. The day was going perfect until Zed had to ruin it. We go into the apartment and we change into comfy clothes, and we sit in the couch and out in a movie.

"Hardin are you hungry I could make you some food."

"Sure."

I go into the kitchen and make some spaghetti. I get two bowls and serve the the food. I sit across from Hardin and just stare at him eat.

"What are you thinking about babe?"he says while he grabs my hand and kisses it.

"Just everything that happened. I can't believe he did that to you."

"Tess just let it go. I'm fine I'm here. Nothing like this will happen again. I promise."

I go and kiss his cheek and he continues eating.

"Tessa you know I'll do anything to protect you right. I want you to always remember that."

"If something ever happens to you because of me I will never ever forgive myself."

"What do you want to do to be able to forget last night?"he says with a soft voice.

"I'm not sure I don't think anything could make me forget last night."

"How about I take you to a fancy dinner."

"Hardin I don't need no fancy dinner to forget. Could we just do something casual."I say.

"Hmm how about we just go to a big park and walk around."

"That sounds perfect."

We get dressed and go to the park. We walk around and we take a seat in the grass where there's lots of big trees.

"So Tessa how do you see your future?"

"Well I want to live in Seattle and have two jobs. I know the two jobs sounds like a lot but I want to work in a publishing house and on the side I want to be able to do paintings or drawings for people who will buy them. Like special orders for people. I also hope to be married and have kids. How about you how do you see your future?"

"I just hope to be married and have kids. I already have a good paying job so I don't think that'll be a problem. One thing I do hope is your the one I get to marry and have kids with"he says while grabbing my hand and I lean into his chest.

"And I hope your the one I get to do all those things with as well."

I kiss his cheek and we continue to talk. Minutes later Hardins starts to scare me.

"Tess.. I um I think we should leave."

Notes: what do you guys think happened that is making Hardin want to leave? And what do you guys think about them talking about their future.