Thirty-Six

I get ready for my first day at the new Vance publishing house as a employee. I feel nervous but very exited.

"Tessa would like to ride with us?"Kimberly asks.

"Yeah sure."

We get in the car and leave. The Vance publishing house looks even bigger than the other.

"Let show you to your new office"Kimberly takes me by my hand.

"Okay this is your office."

"Wow it's so much bigger than the one back at home"I say amazed.

"Everything is bigger here. If you want food we have a cafeteria here."

Kimberly leaves and Christian comes in.

"So Tessa how do you like your new office?"he says and I laugh.

"I love it it's so nice and it's much bigger and the view from here is incredible I could see the skyline from here"I say with a exited voice.

"Glad that you like it. So now that your a employee you have more freedom. You don't have to do two manuscripts a week you could do as many as you want. For lunch you get an hour and thirty minutes. The only thing that remains the same is you still have to be here from twelve to six."

"This great. Thank you so much."

"No need to thank me. See you later Tessa"he says and leaves.

At least something good has happened so far. I hear someone knock on the door and I see Trevor.

"Trevor!"I say.

"Tessa! I see your liking your new office."

"I am. What brings you by?"I ask and laugh.

"Well I work here now so yeah. My office is still down the hall."

"That's cool."

"Yeah so I have to go unpack my things for the office. I just came to say hi"he walks out.

I've noticed I didn't decorate my old office with anything so I'll probably go to the store later and buy some things.

My mind goes directly to Hardin. What could he be doing right now? Is he even safe being over there? I don't think he is because of Zed. Zed has caused so many problems first he... I can't even say it without crying. Then he smacked my behind he got in fights with Hardin he stabbed him and now he's stalking us. What else is he going to do?

I get ready to go to lunch because I need to get my mind off things. I don't know Seattle that much so I think I'll ask Kimberly if she wants to come with me.

"Kimberly do you want to go to lunch with me?"

"Sure let me get my bag and we could go"she says and walks away to get her bag.

We go in her car and we order.

"So Tessa what are you going to do today?"she asks.

"I think I'm going to go to the store after work to get some things for my office and room at your place" I say and take a bite of my food.

"That's great I could go with you because I need some things for my desk since you know I work the front desk."

"Then we go together after work."

"Sounds good."

Notes: Do you guys think Hardin is doing anything back home?