One

On my last year of high school I broke up with my boyfriend Cole he was very abusive and manipulative. He would always hurt be in public and when we were alone. I couldn't take it anymore so I broke up with him. Sometimes I feel as if he follows me around or something. I've decided to go to college in Seattle it's not far from where I live it's 2 hours away from my house. It's not as far but at least is semi far from Cole.

I've already taken all my things to my dorm room. It took like 2 weeks to take everything. I leave tomorrow which is Saturday and my first day of class is Monday. I'm nervous but exited at the same time.

The Next Day

"Tessa are you ready to get going" I hear my mom yell.

"Yes just give me a second let me get my book bag" I shout back.

"Do you have everything your not missing anything right?"

"Yes I have everything let's get going."

My mom doesn't know that me and Cole broke up she doesn't even know that he hit me. She won't need to know since I'm not with him anymore. I'm a little scared of guys at the moment I just think that they'll hit me.

The drive is quite all you hear is the music. We arrive to the school my mom gets off to say buy she doesn't come with me to the dorm because she has work and my dad couldn't be here because of work also.

"I'm going to miss you Tessa. Make sure to I call me on the first day."

"I will I promise" I say and give her a hug.

I start to walk away. There's a group of girl in-front of me that are walking so slow. Man I really hate slow walks I move around them and continue to walk to my dorm. I finally get to my dorm room once I get in I sit down in my bed. At the moment I don't have a roommate the people at the office told me I will get one in 2-3 days. I don't mind being alone but I don't want to be alone for a long time. The day goes by quick all I did was get some food and watch tv.

I wake up and get dressed for the day I decide to get a book and go to the park.  When I get to the closest park I start to read an hour later I feel as if someone is watching me so I get my stuff and walk back to the dorm as fast as possible. When I get to my dorm room door I see it's cracked open.