Thirty-One

Hardins POV

"Tess..I um I think we should leave" I say hoping she doesn't ask to many questions.

"What why? What's wrong?"she say.

"I'll tell you when we're in the car but let's go right now."

We get to the car and be feign to drive away.

"Now tell me what did you see?"

"I saw Zed he was watching us and right now I think he's following us."

"What!"she yells and starts to panic.

I hate to see her this way but I have to keep her safe. I don't know what Zed is trying to do but I'm not risking it.

"The police are supposed to be looking for him"she says.

"Yeah but remember this happened in Seattle the cops from over there don't do anything if we live far. So their not even looking for him. Why else do you think he's out in the open." I can't drive to the apartment now or else he'll know where we live."

I start to drive fast and I check the mirror and he's following us. What the fuck does he want? First it was Tessa's ex causing all the problems but now it's Zed. I step in it even fasts to try to lose him. At this point I don't mind running a red light as long as I lose him. I step on it on a yellow light and he stops on the red. I have the chance to be able to lose him and make my way back home.

Ten minutes later we get to the apartment. The perks about these apartments is that its a gated area.

"Do you think he followed us here?"Tessa begins to worry.

"No I lost him when we were at a light. So you have nothing to worry about. At least not now."I say.

"What does he want why won't he leave us alone?"

"I'm not sure but my guess is that he wants you, but that isn't going to happen. It's getting late you should get some rest you have to go to Vance tomorrow."

We both go in the room and Tessa falls asleep with minutes and I lay awake wondering if she'll be safe when she goes to vance tomorrow. I leave get up and quietly back a bag for Tessa and take it down to her car. I decide to call Vance and ask him for a favor.

"Hello Hardin" he says into the phone.

"Hey Vance. I'm wondering if you could do me a big favor."

"Yeah of course what is it. Is everything okay?"

"No my ex friend Zed won't leave me and Tessa alone. So I was wondering if you could let her stay at your place for awhile. Just until I figure everything out."

"Yeah of course."

"Great thank you so much. She doesn't know that she'll be staying with you could you possibly act like if you want her to stay for an extra hour then tell her to go to your house when you and Kimberly leave?"

"Yeah I'll tell her."

"Okay thank you I have to go bye."

Notes: How stressed are you guys reading this?My BIG question is why do you guys think Zed keeps following them? Let me know I love reading your guys thoughts?