Kirishima Eijirou; Manly Confession

Start from the beginning

"What time does it start?"

"At 9, I think? That should be enough time for you to gather your words, right? I'm rooting for you." she smiled at him.

WEDNESDAY, 8:45 PM; ANNUAL MUSUTAFU SUMMER FESTIVAL, MUSUTAFU

"It should be starting soon." Kirishima mumbled to himself. There was fifteen minutes left before the fireworks started. There was also fifteen minutes left to find where the heck Y/N went. Kirishima ran around trying to find her. He went up and down each street of stalls, between each tent, around the whole area, everywhere. "Where is she?"

"This tanghulu is super good!" That was a very familiar voice and a very familiar stuffed penguin. He finally spotted her with Kaminari, walking around with sticks of candied fruits in their hands. He ran to the two, frantic to make it to the fireworks in time. Five minutes left.

"Oh, Kirishima! Haven't seen you all night, bro!" Kaminari waved his tanghulu sticks in the air upon seeing his friend.

"Kirishima." Y/N smiled. His eyes landed on hers for the first time this night once his name left her lips coated with crumbs of sugar, but this didn't last long as he averted his eyes once more out of bashfulness. He put one hand behind his head while trying to find the right words to say.

"Look! There's that one fishing game! Let's go over there!" Kaminari pointed at the stall across the street and took Y/N's arm in his, about to take off. A force stopped her from being dragged along with the boy who had been with her the entire night. "Hm?" Kaminari looked back and found Kirishima holding onto the girl's other arm. Kaminari looked up at his friend's face, an expression of desperation plastered on it. Ah, he finally got the hint. A look of realization came upon him and finally smiled and nodded.

"Ah, actually, I should go find Mina. I forgot I promised to challenge her to this game. She's super good and beat me into humiliation last year." Kaminari sulked remembering how many prizes Mina had won. "I'll go find her. You should hang with Kirishima, Y/N! I'll catch up to you guys later!" Kaminari waved and left on his own after flashing another smile to Kirishima as of saying "you got this".

Y/N laughed to herself, envisioning Mina passionately fishing with the tiny net. She was broken out of her imagination upon hearing Kirishima's voice.

"Um," She looked back at his face, a little flushed and a few beads of sweat lining his forehead—most likely from the running earlier. "Do you want to watch the fireworks with me?" She nodded in excitement. Kirishima took this as a cue to run off to an area with fewer people but an equally great view for the fireworks with Y/N's arm still in his hand. She followed behind him.

"Please don't start just yet." Kirishima mumbled while running; two minutes left. Upon arrival, he let go of her arm and took a moment to catch his breath. Words ran through his mind—this was finally happening. He turned around to look at her. Catching his breath was a waste of time seeing as it was taken away once again. The moonlight illuminated her face, outlining her jaw and lining her features. Her eyes sparkled, a few strands of hair shaped her face, her lips glistened from licking off the sugar from her last tanghulu. The delicate threads making up the intricate flowery pattern of her yukata were defined by the subtle light.

"Y/N," Kirishima started. How could he not confess right now when she looked so, so pretty? "I—"

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Y/N watched Kirishima's lips move, but his voice didn't reach her ears. The sound of booming fireworks going off blocked him out. "Sorry, what was that?" she slightly shouted. She saw Kirishima visibly sigh with his eyes closed. He stepped closer to her, grabbing her face with both of his hands. He took a moment to appreciate the face he held in his hands; the colors from the fireworks painted her face a mixture of colors—pink, green, blue, every color of the universe in the sky. His eyes softened at the sight. He finally moved his lips next to her ear and said with a volume loud enough for her to hear, "Y/N, I like you. I really, really like you."

His heart was erratically pounding; he was afraid it was louder than the fireworks. He stayed in his position for a few seconds that felt like an eternity, just with her face still in his hands and his lips near her ear. He finally tore himself away with a few steps back and looked at her face, curious of what her reaction is. Eyes slightly wider than earlier, lips now parted, pink light outlining her. He blushed and gulped, awaiting a response. He would like to say "don't worry and take your time to answer", but he couldn't get anything else out of his mouth, as if he had lost his voice. The sound of the fireworks somehow drowned out. He was so focused on her coming closer to him that all of his senses stopped working. He could only watch as she slid her left hand behind his neck and her right hand gently cupping his face. The presence of her lips on his made him instinctively close his eyes and hold her closer. His arms wrapped around her, his hands pushing her back and pressing her body into his. He could taste the sugar on her lips and her tongue. His first love tasted so sweet.

~•~

I'm alive. 😋
I lied in that community post when I said I would finish this book by the end of 2022 bc seasonal depression hit me as it always does. But!! I'm here!! And will hopefully finish the endings this year!! Thank you for waiting to those still keeping up with this book, I missed interacting with you all. :')

Up next: 👍👍