53 || I Wanna Be a Hero Too

Start from the beginning

"It's my laugh of death!" Flames subtly emerged from the gaps of his suit, the fire dancing on top of the aluminum plates.

"It doesn't sound very threatening-" A hot wave of fire rushed her way. Y/N skillfully dodged it with ease; it wasn't the biggest wave of flames she's ever encountered– Todoroki's literal hot mess of an attack from the sports festival still sat in her mind.

Just as she was about to hold her stance to prepare an attack, two more lines of fire came from each side of the metal man as if they were ropes. Suddenly the lines of fire were growing from thin to wide, looking like giant, flaming hands that were going to scoop her up and burn her to ashes.

'He's fast.'

The hand-like flames enclosed on where her figure was standing, but she was able to slip right under the warm embrace. She moved at the speed of light, and within a fraction of a second, she was behind Aluminum Knight. She raised her left fist–ready to attack–

Caught.

"?!"

His hand that was still laced with bursts of tiny flames felt like nothing more than a hand warmer she'd have in her pocket during winter time, but it got hotter.

Hotter.

Hotter.

Hotter.

Hotter.

Hotter.

Y/N grunted as she tried to release her fist from his hold, but he wouldn't budge. The heat from his flames were melting off the skin cells of her hand– she figured the heat was being processed and immediately being released from the aluminum.

Aluminum Knight (as addressed by Y/N) laughed at her struggle. Was she really the one who destroyed All For One? That mess of a man who mutated himself into having multiple quirks? That insecure little brat who couldn't handle the fact that his older brother was stronger than him? If All For One could see what was happening right now, he truly would despise Aluminum Knight.

  After all, here he was– hand wrapped around the fist that ruined his little brother's life.

FRIDAY, 5:35 PM; MUSUTAFU, JAPAN

  "Where'd that shooting bastard go?!" Bakugou growled at no one in particular. He was too caught up with watching Y/N run off to fight the large figure that came crashing down from the moon to realize that Shigaraki was no longer in his line of sight. "GRRAAAHHH!! WE LOST HIM!!!"

  Midoriya turned his head around to look at Bakugou's agitated expression with a look of surprise on his own face at the sudden scream. He wanted to tell him that they'd find him soon, but even he wasn't sure how to track him down. They'd already been at it for almost an hour, and there were no leads of Shigaraki's whereabouts.

  He figured it would somewhat speed up the search if he split off from Bakugou into a different area. He made him aware that he was going to search elsewhere.

  "Like I care!"

  Not giving much care to the statement that his friend gave of not caring, Midoriya jogged down from the scene and into a dirt lot behind a fallen building. Not much sign of life was around this part of the city, but the smell of smoke definitely was. Not the smell of cigarette smoke, but the smell kin to something burning.

Curious to what was going on behind the building, Midoriya slipped his way through the small spaces between broken beams and pillars to get to the scene. His eyes widened. A gasp escaped his lips. His hands were shaking. His knees were locked. He wanted to run over to the all-so-familiar girl kneeling on the ground and painting the dirt with blood dripping from her head.