-52-We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes-

52: We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes
Your Name: (Y/N)

Imagine: after you're parents funeral you decide to shut your emotions off.

Your Pov

After funeral finished I heading home with some of my parents belongings, once I walked inside my house it felt empty. I noticed my parents sweaters that were on top of the couch, I grabbed it and smelled each one they both had the scent of my parents. Tears began forming in my eyes, everything in this house only brings me memories of them and it hurts too much to be here.

I began cleaning a few things that was in the living room, when suddenly I felt a presence behind me but I knew exactly who it was. Elena.

"I said I'm fine Elena." I told her.

"I don't believe you Y/N." Elena's responded before turning around and facing her. She was leaning against the doorframe.

"All day, something has been bugging me. You wanted to pack this all in so quickly like you had somewhere you needed to be." As Elena continues to speak, I began folding my parents clothes.

"You were so concerned with getting through today... without a hint of you'd you feel tomorrow. And then I realized. You don't want to feel tomorrow." I looked at her not saying a word.

"That's the plan, right? You're not going to feel tomorrow. Because you're gonna turn it all off." I licked the bottom of my lips before I answered her question.

"I thought I could get through the rough patch... and than just pick myself after like I usually do. But than I realized that it's going to get worse and I can't handle that Elena." I walked pass her to organize the table.

"Y/N.." I really didn't want to hear it, especially coming from Elena.

"I can't do worse Elena. Okay? I didn't even think there was a worse. It's better this way." I threw the paper was in my hand as I spoke to Elena. I walked over to the coffee table fixing the cups.

"Better? Y/N— you're talking about flipping the humanity switch. There's nothing better about that." I glared at Elena.

"That is your experience. Okay? I have more control over my vampire self than you ever did, who do you think helped me control all of that?" I retorted to Elena.

"Stefan?" I shake my head.

"Caroline did. My experience will be different." With every second that Elena speaks to me, it makes me want to snap her little neck like a twig.

"It's not gonna be different, Y/N. It's gonna be deadly." I grabbed the cups from the coffee table and placing them on another table where the lamp stood.

"You saw what happened to me when I did it." This made me snap.

"Yeah, that's my point, Elena! You did it. You couldn't handle the pain when your brother died. So you turned it off. Damon died and you erased all your memories. Stefan moved to Savannah and became an auto mechanic. Do you think you guys are the only ones who can escape grief?" Tears we're rolling down my face as I spoke to her.

"You just mentioned two of my biggest mistakes that I ever made." I scoffed, always she has to make everything about her. Typical.