№5|A New Start (Edited)

Start from the beginning

“Oh, gods...don't tell me…”

“One popped,” Dizzy broke down in tears, “I was so alone, in the desert, the moment it popped, I dropped to the ground, begging somebody to end me.”

Shawn set down his glass, going around the kitchen island to hug her tightly, “hey,” Shawn whispered, “promise me, you’ll never end yourself?”

“Shawn-”

“Promise me!” Shawn gripped her shoulder, “my sister killed herself when she was a teen, I can't lose another person to that so promise me you won't kill yourself!”

Dizzy bit her lips, her tears flowing more and more, “I promise.”

Shawn then quickly backed away “the balloons are out, right?”

“Yeah,” Dizzy laughed, wiping her tears, “somehow when I collapsed, somebody took me to the hospital and they took out the balloons.”

Shawn sighed in relief, “thank the gods…”

“I can't believe I spilled all this out to a stranger, a cop no less.” Dizzy chuckled, “Sorry…”

“For what?” Shawn hopped on top of the kitchen island, “you were hurting,” Shawn held her hands, Dizzy looked into his hazel eyes, “and I find it my responsibility to help those who are hurting.”

Dizzy was speechless, her heart was set aflutter when he kissed her forehead, “it’s 5 am, get some rest, I’m sure your boyfriend won't like a random man being here.”

“Not in a relationship, remember?” Dizzy chuckled.

“Oh, yeah,” Shawn sweatdropped, “are you gonna be okay alone?”

“I’m a big girl, I’m not some damsel in need of saving.” Dizzy teased. “I know you’re not,” a part of him was kicking himself for even thinking about leaving her.

And that was his demon.

“You fucking idiot! Look at the cute face! She doesn't want you to leave!” his demon, Zesy, scolded.

“Shut it, Zesy, she’s vulnerable, I don't take advantage of vulnerable women,” Shawn told her.

“Hey,” Shawn was about to walk out but stopped, “I’ve felt really shitty if I don't stay here...so, how about, just for the night, I’ll stay?”

Dizzy brushed her hair back with her fingers, “tha-thank you…”

Adorable! Shawn felt his heart burst with happiness. “I’ll show you to the guest room.” Shawn followed her upstairs, secretly watching her hips sway.

I'm gonna be seeing a lot more of her.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

“You didn't have to drive me to work, baby,” Diane muttered.

“Nonsense,” Gabriella kissed her cheek, “you’re my girlfriend, plus it’s raining, I’m not letting you go out in the rain.”