Recon Mission Team

Start from the beginning

"Mine."

Jean stood there staring at me as he processed my answer. "I should have known," Jean let out an annoyed sigh. "Eren look I know you want to do something about all of this shit that's happening, and trust me so do I, but this isn't it."

"Look I know how reckless it sounds, but we need to check to see if there is an actual camp there or not."

"And if there is?" Jean asked expecting this plan to get even more reckless.

"Then I come back here and report it and we plan an infiltration mission. This is purely recon," I said trying to ease his worries.

"I want on the mission," he said looking at Erwin and Levi hoping they would allow it knowing I'd say no.

"He's the team leader he calls the shots," Levi said calmly. Before Jean could freak out more Levi walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder and lead him away so they could talk. I took this time to fill Erwin in more personally rather than through Jean's questions. I told him that I will be gathering the rest of the team and we will all meet in the conference room in a few minutes. Levi joined me after he finished talking with Jean who seemed quiet now.

"What did you guys talk about?"

"I just assured him that we are doing this as safely as possible and that it's necessary to get the information that could possibly be a game-changer. And when that didn't work I told him that Pixis told me if you do anything reckless I can overrule your decision he seemed to calm down after that." Of course, that's what did it. "However, he is planning on staying up the whole night of the mission and waiting up for us so he wants to know when the mission is."

I just nodded. We could do that, it wouldn't be the first time we've had someone wait up for us. We started heading to Ymir next since she's been itching for a mission for a while, and after last night's family meeting she's going to be thrilled to be on this mission.

We found her sitting at a table alone but when we got closer we realized she wasn't as alone as we thought. We walked up to her and she looked up giving us a smile. "What's up?"

"We have a mission, want in?" I asked flat out.

"Always."

"Awesome, conference room 5 minutes," I said before heading to Berthold who was next to Reiner. Well, this should be fun I let out a sigh.

"I'll do this one," Levi said and I nodded.

"Mind if we steal him for a moment," he said walking up and Reiner rolled his eyes at him.

"What the hell do you want?" Reiner groaned, "can't you see we're talking."

"I'll be right back okay hun," Berthold whispered, putting his hand on Reiners.

"Fine, but make it quick," he said in a softer voice as he looked at the table.

Berthold got up and we walked a few steps away. "We have a mission, do you want to be on it?" Levi asked.

"What's the mission?"

"Recon, we are doing a briefing in the conference room in a few minutes after we track down Armin." 

"Recon," Berthold repeated before looking back over his shoulder at Reiner, who was starring at the table waiting for Berthold's return, then back to us, "okay, I'm in." I could tell he was worried about leaving him behind, but we couldn't really fit Reiner in on this mission his powers weren't fit for recon.

"Great we'll see you in the conference room," Levi said giving him a pat on the shoulder.

We both walked away and Levi and I decided we had to go in separate directions. Levi ended up going to grab Auruo to help brief our team on everything we know about the area while I went looking for Armin. He wasn't as hard to track down when I saw Mikasa. I knew Armin was going to be close by.

They were watching a sparring match between Annie and Franz. Annie looked like she was barely trying while Franz was trying his hardest. Franz had used both of his powers and was still unable to take Annie out. Franz replicated Annie's powers and used them himself before eradicating them for her. She was powerless and still kicking his ass.

He doesn't have the years of training that comes with her crystallization power so he was mostly just firing blindly as she stood there talking to Mikasa who seemed to be spotting them and Armin who was lazily sitting on the floor. His timer was probably almost up for both the eradication of Annie's power and the replication of it he was using. I mean the longest he can hold them is five minutes.

I was just surprised he was able to do either since to replicate someone's power he has to touch them and to eradicate someone's power he has to touch them and make direct eye contact.

Either he did it before the match started, or she let him there is no other way. I watched as the crystals withered away to nothing. Yup times up.

"Well, you tried," I heard Annie say before her power came back to her. She crystalized her arms before making the crystals grow enough to push him out of the circle.

She turned back around and started talking with Mikasa. I just walked up to Armin to tell him about the mission. "Hey Armin," I said in a more cheery voice.

"Don't you dare say it," he sighed.

"We have a mission," I blurted out anyway.

"I told you not to say it," he groaned, "what is it this time?"

"This mission is supposed to be strictly recon, hopefully."

"Fine, where are we meeting your room again?" Armin said standing up.

"Nope conference room."

"Ah, this one seems more official," he laughed.

"Kinda," I gave an awkward smile. It had to be with Pixis judging my every move for this mission. Every little thing I did felt like a test and I didn't know if I was passing or failing at the moment.

"Alright let's go," Armin said as we all headed to the conference room.

We made it to the conference room where everyone was already sitting there waiting. Levi and Auruo stood up and came to the front of the room as Armin took a seat. Jean was sitting in the very back of the room and I looked at him for a moment and he just spoke up, "don't mind me I'm just listening in I know I'm not on the team."

"I told you he wants to know when we decide to do the mission," Levi whispered to me. That's right he did say that, but I thought he wanted us to tell him, not sit in on our whole meeting.

"Alright let's get started," I announced.