Chapter 44

Chapter 44

-Rosalie Stevens-

Five more days. I marked December 8th off with my red marker with a smile. I couldn't wait to talk to Hunter again, wedding fever was buzzing around me. As if my thoughts switched to reality, Hunter's face appeared on my phone, he was calling me. I picked up immediately.

"Hi!"

"Rosalie are you not telling me something?" he blurted, my heart quickened. Did I do something wrong? I don't think I did... maybe he didn't want a two tier cake- "I'm really nervous Rose, please answer."

"Hunt, I don't know what you're talking about..."

"This girl came up to me during meet and greets. She asked if I could tell you that she was sorry."

"Sorry?" I gulped. Sorry for what?"

"I have no idea, that's why I called you. She said her name was... Penelope? Phoebe? Oh Phoenix! I think... I can barely remember, it happened just a couple nights ago."

"Why didn't you call me earlier?" I asked, feeling the concern dripping from my voice. Phoenix was sorry? Sorry?! She can't be serious!

"I don't know I'm sorry babe, I've been really slammed the past couple days, trying to keep the wedding date free of plans..." he trailed off, but snapped back to focus. "Anyway could you explain... everything?"

"I had some history with a girl named Phoenix, back in high school."

"High school? That was years ago..."

"It's different." I explained to him everything, from beginning to end. Maybe even giving more detail than I gave Brad. Hunter was silent till the end.

"You never told me you had a brother." he murmured. "I'm so sorry..."

"But what I don't understand- is that she's saying sorry now, nearly five years later and said it as a message though my husband."

"I'm your husband?" I could picture his smirking on the other end of the line.

"Isn't it close enough?"

"Legally, no."

"Ok but my point is," I continued. "I don't see why she can just think she can apologize for everything, and not directly to my face, or even from the heart."

Hunter sighed. "I don't know what to tell you Rose. But it's in the past. Don't let it bring your mood down." I nodded.

"I won't. Promise. Thanks for telling me."

"Thank you for telling me." he replied. "Call you later?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Bye, love."

"Bye, Hunter." I hung up and my stomach grumbled, loudly. Too loudly. The feeling rose in my chest and I rushed for the bathroom. Emptying out the contents of my stomach, I rinsed out my mouth as a fear settled into my chest. I hadn't eaten anything since last night, it couldn't have just taken effect on me ten hours later. I've read enough to know that there were many possible consequences, and the first one on my list lead me straight for the drugstore.

Guys I'm such a butt for making this short :(((

But this is dedicated to musiclover312 for being my 1,000 voter AND NOW I HAVE 1K VOTES ON THIS WHAT IS LIFE!!!(??) now if you'll excuse me, I must go collect my five dollars from the kid next to me in English because he didn't think this would reach 1K

So yes I'm updating on this one a lot to get the ending up and running, and the updates will surely be longer than my recent ones!

Lia

P.S. Phoenix may not seem like a big deal right now, but later she will. Yes, later. >:-)