Chapter 14

Chapter 14

-Rosalie Stevens-

"Ok, so this is what I don't understand." I lowered my coffee cup from my mouth, giving Jennie my full attention, who happened to drop by my apartment. Even though it was nearly nine o'clock, I still just wanted something to drink.

"Hmm?"

"If Hunter is such a jerk to you, and you're 80% sure he's going to launch back into depressed mode all over again, then why the hell to you still care about him?" I scrunched up my bottom lip in thought.

"Hunter is basically my friend, he isn't my greatest and isn't the most well behaved but no matter what I will still care about him. Like a family member, you have to help them get back up and guide them down the right path."

"You've only know this guy for less than a week!"

"He's my fake boyfriend and the reason I have a job."

"Now you sound like a gold digger." Jennie laughed, I snorted.

"Why wouldn't I care about him?" Jennie blinked at me as if I was stupid.

"Multiple reasons." she grumbled, I shrugged it off. I wonder how Hunter was doing right now... In fact should I keep caring about Hunter? Watching him almost always seemed pointless, like being forced to babysit an annoying kid. But it was almost my job I guess, so I whipped out my phone to give him a call, even though it was only a good 2 hours after our date ended.

"Who are you calling?" she asked me as I selected his contact.

"Hunter." I answered simply, she groaned.

"Seriously, he's trouble. Just give up on him already."

"Says my agent." I mumbled, by then I had almost completely forgotten I was calling someone, so a short perky beep heard on the other end almost startled me.

*Hello, the person you are trying to tech is currently unavailable, please leave a message after the tone.*

The tone sounded and I looked at my phone like a caveman would.

"Strange.." I muttered, Jennie looked at me quizzically.

"What's wrong?"

"It went to voicemail." right then a million possible scenarios flowed through my head of why he didn't pick up. Was he passed out drunk? High? Did he just put his phone on silent? Heck, was he DEAD?!

"I'm sure he's just busy." Jennie tried to convince me it was ok, but seriously it wasn't really helping.

"But what if he's in trouble?" I asked, standing up. "I gotta find him."

"No. No you don't." Jennie said, taking my keys from my hand. "You need to stop worrying about that boy."

"But Jennie-"

"No, he's driving you crazy Rose! Can't you see it? You always talk about him, always worrying, always calling. You need to let go."

"Jennie I pray to God that boy is safe everyday, and there's no reason why I shouldn't help make sure he's ok." I tried to grab my keys again but she pulled them out of reach.

"As your manager and agent I am doing this for Hunter and for you. Stop thinking about him, you don't even know if he cares about you this much too and here you are obsessing over one missed call. Rosalie, please just go to bed and forget you ever met him." she dropped the keys into my hand. "Think for yourself, not for him." and with that she gave me a small pat on the shoulder and walked out. I sighed, frustrated and pulled out my phone again, flopping down onto my couch. My thumb hovered over Hunter's contact again, wondering if I should try and call him again. No. Listen to Jennie. I put it down on the table and stared at my TV, which was currently off. I bit my lip and moved my phone to the table beside the edge of the couch. Then to the floor, then under a pillow, no matter what I did an image Hunter passed out drunk in the streets was projected in my mind.

"What the heck." I grabbed my phone and hit call. It rang once, twice, three times and then five.

*Hello, the person you are trying to tech is currently unavailable, please leave a message after the tone.*

Seriously?! I grunted and called again.

And again.

And again.

He didn't answer any of them, soon I was added up to 11 calls, and that was enough for me to know that he was not ok. I got up and quickly walked with big steps to my room, grabbing a jacket. My phone unexpectedly rang and I stumbled over my bed where I had carelessly thrown it. The caller ID was Hunter. I shakily swiped answer and held it up to my ear. Before I could even say 'hello', Hunter's sobs came through the phone.

"Hunter?"

"Rosalie..." he cried out in pain, and I instantly panicked.

"Hunter what's wrong!?"

"I... I don't know. It just hurts so much please Rosalie come and get me." it ripped at my heart to hear him crying, in pain, helpless.

"Don't worry I'm coming, where are you?"

"At the convenience store across the street from the park where I took you today? Hurry..."

"I am, I am. And dot you dare hang up, I wanna make sure that you stay ok." I set my phone on speaker and shoved it into my purse, running out the door to go and rescue the boy I didn't even realize I was falling for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel like this chapter means something to me and I don't know why D: ack, well, please don't jill me for the last part of this chapter!! :E THE NEXT UPDATE WILL DEFINITELY COME SOONER

Lia