Chapter 33

Chapter 33

-Rosalie Stevens-

"Rosalie what the hell?!" someone roared from the other end of the phone.

"What? What'd I do?"

"Don't act innocent with me!" I recognized the voice belonged to Andy. "You broke up with Hunter and he's been missing since last night! LAST. NIGHT. And you haven't been answering any of our calls!" he thought I what? I felt my fingers twitch in anticipation.

"What? I would never break up with Hunter!! Andy what are you talking about?" my heart began to beat faster in panic.

"You called him yesterday, and broke up with him! He burst into tears and ran out, we were forced to cancel his show and he hasn't came back!"

"But I didn't! I never called him!"

"Then who did?" he scowled.

"I don't know, have you left yet?"

"No, we're still here."

"I'll get over there as soon as I can, just let me try and get off the set, kay?" I hung up without giving him an opportunity to answer, and ran to my trailer. I started grabbing my stuff, when a knock was heard on my door.

"Rosalie? Rosalie are you ok in there? We need you on soon..." it was Kailey, I knew it by her voice. I dropped my stuff and went to let her in, I needed to talk to a girl, she would understand. I opened the door to see not her, but SueAnn.

"Some people might say that I'm good at imitation." she cackles in a voice much like my friend's. I stared at her in disbelief, about to ask why she would imitate Kailey when it all sank in. SueAnn could do this stuff, she could've gotten a hold of my phone. She could've easily found Hunter's contact. I don't keep it locked anymore because I never can remember my pass code and I've had to go to the store to have unlocked dozens of times. I basically was feeding everything to her by hand and didn't even realize it.

"Why..." I whispered. "Why would you do this to me?!"

"It's very simple, Rosalie." she replied, smoothly. "You and Hunter couldn't ever be together, him and I should've." I crinkled my nose on disgust at her thought.

"You're nearly twice his age!" I exclaimed.

"So? Age is just a number."

"Jail is just a room." I snapped back.

"Why would I go there? I've done nothing wrong."

"You've ruined my life, his life, and all of the other lives around me. It may not be a federal crime, but-" my phone rang obnoxiously, cutting me off. I sent her a glare and took it out of my pocket, answering it.

"Hello?" I asked, exhausted.

"May I speak to Miss Rosalie Stevens?" a male voice asked me that I didn't recognize.

"This is she."

"Do you know a man by the name of Hunter Hayes?"

"Yes, why?"

"You were listed as his emergency contact, and I'm sorry to tell you this but, he's in the hospital."

"Ho-hospital?" my blood turned to ice as SueAnn smiled grimly at the sound of my stuttered speech. "What happened?"

"I think it would be best, if you came to to hear it in person." the man suggested, I felt my heart beating faster.

"Ok, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Alright, bye." I hung up and checked the caller ID.

Mount Sinai Hospital.

I turned to SueAnn, who stood in my doorway still. I grabbed the edge of the door and pushed it closed, only to have her hand stop it.

"Going somewhere?"

"Yup." I replied, slapping her hand down and slamming the door shut, locking it. SueAnn pounded on the door, yelling in protest. I ran back to the back of the trailer, grabbing my purse and coat. Running back to the door, I took a deep breath. I knew she was still out there, but there was no other feasible way out. I rested my hand on the latch gently, unlocking it with a swift pull and pushing the door open with all my might. It swung open fast, turning 180 degrees and clanging on the side. SueAnn was on the ground, since she had fallen down the steps. I leaped down all three of them onto the pavement, sprinting for my car. Footsteps matched my face behind me, and I didn't stop to turn and look. I found my car, unlocking it and clambering inside. Go, go, go, go! My brain screamed as I turned the ignition key and started driving forward. But in front of my car lay an obstacle, aka SueAnn. Laying on the horn, I attempted to get her to move, but she didn't budge. She had me and she knew it, standing there smiling at her success.

"Hey!" I heard over my horn, and I leaned back to see who shouted. None other than my boss told her to move so the innocent lady could get out. She reluctantly obeyed and moved, I didn't make eye contact with him, knowing I would get fired if he caught me trying to make an escape. Not that I wasn't going to get fired anyway. I started driving to the nearest airport I could think of, I had to see him.

I'm coming, Hunter.

-Hunter Hayes-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT HAPPENED WHAT HAPPENED CAN ANY OF YALL GUESS?!?!?!?!?

And yup, that last part was meant to be blank.

Blank.

Lia