Chapter 9

Chapter 9

-Hunter Hayes-

I woke up to the sun shining in my face and feeling like buffaloes were stampeding around in my head. I opened my eyes slowly, just getting a small slit of vision because I was facing my window. I groaned and flipped over, wanting this headache to go away. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly before finally opening them fully. Rosalie was sleeping beside me in her bra-

Hold up what.

I was in a bed, with a hangover, with my fake girlfriend who was only in a bra. I instantly started to panic, oh god no...

"AHHHHH!" I screamed, she jumped awake.

"AHHHHH!!" she screamed, not knowing what was happening. She looked around frantically before her eyes rested on me hyperventilating. "God, Hunter what was that for?!"

"Why are you in my bed half naked?!" I blurted out, she remembered this fact and held the blanket against her body.

"I was hoping you wouldn't notice, your room is boiling hot!!"

"So you sleep in my bed without a shirt on." I said flatly.

"Your couch was too small, all of your floors are hardwood, and you were passed out drunk. What was I supposed to do?"

"Uh, how about GO HOME?!"

"You left your door wide open!! Anyone could've walked in and hurt you!"

"Why would someone do that?"

"Uh, because you're Hunter Hayes!! I was only trying to keep you safe! God you don't even have enough heart to see an act from someone else's!!" she slipped on her shirt and stormed out of my room, I tried to get to her but my hangover made me stop. I groaned in pain at the sting in my head but I was able to stumble out of my room and into my kitchen.

"Rosalie wait!" she turned around, grey eyes blazing..

"I thought you actually cared about me for once after what you said last night! And don't you dare take that dirty!" she yelled and she exited my apartment, hit tears began welling up. What had I said? And why did I have to mess it all up again? I was mad, mad at myself for screwing it up. She liked me! She liked me for a second and I crushed the opportunity to make it last forever. I opened up the kicked cabinet, popping in some medicine to sooth my headache, hopefully. I was still mad, not that I was expecting the medicine to help, but I needed an outlet. There's no way I was drinking again, not for a while at least. I walked over to my window, overlooking the streets. I sign caught my attention at one of the run down general stores, I felt my heart flutter. I reached into my pocket and grabbed my wallet, opening it and grabbing out a card. I rubbed my drivers license between my pointer finger and my thumb. It was legal. I could do it. I knew the risks of it, but I don't think I had much of a choice any more. Grabbing my sunglasses I exited my apartment, to go and make of the biggest mistakes I've ever done.

-Rosalie Stevens-

I can't believe he actually got mad at me. I took care of him, who knew what would've happened if I left him out on the streets with two extra bottles of liquor. My eyes flashed to the backseat where his six pack still laid. I had to get rid of this thing before paparazzi suspected me of drinking. I quickly drive out of Nashville, taking many back roads deep into the forest. When I couldn't even see the tops of the tallest buildings, I parked on the side of a dirt road and got out. I grabbed his empty beer bottles and shut the car door. Taking the two full ones, I opened up the caps and dumped out the liquid, leaving a faint smell of it. I crinkled my nose in disgust and threw the rest of them deep into the woods. I crumpled up the packaging that held them all together and pushed aside some leaves with my foot, throwing it into the dirt and covering it up with leaves. It was finally all gone.

"What in the world are you doing?" I jumped at the voice and whipped around. A man stood behind me, looking at me quizzically. He had dark brown hair and scruff on his face, not a full out beard but just enough to look nice. He had tattoos running up his arms and was wearing dark blue jeans and a white tee, despite the hot weather. But to sum it up, he looked like a younger Adam Levine.

"I- I uh..." he looked at me expectedly, raising his eyebrows. "Just... dumping out some... stuff."

"Stuff...?" he asked, coming closer. But he didn't look like he would hurt me. I nodded. He stood beside me, looking at the evidence. "Are you hiding alcohol?"

"No! Well yes but it's not mine."

"So, illegal concoctions."

"No, it's my... boyfriend's. He has a bit of a problem, and I had to take some away from him-"

"Whoa hey." he gazed into my eyes, trying to calm me down. "It's gonna be ok, does your boyfriend know you're doing this?"

"No. I drove him to his apartment last night and stayed there to make sure he was ok, I'm just getting rid of this stuff."

"If this is such a problem... then why are you still dating him?" why in the world have I not faked a break up with my fake boyfriend? I couldn't just tell him, I mean I just met this guy in the back woods of Nashville.

"I don't know, but what are you doing out here?"

"Don't change the subject sweetie, just answer me." I bit my lip, I could trust him... right? I just don't have to tell him who Hunter is.

"Well I'm not actually dating him."

"You just said you were?"

"I'm not. I'm an actress, getting paid to pretend to be with him, he knows about it too, but I'm only with him to try and fix his reputation."

"So he's well known?" crap. Stupid blabber mouth.

"Maybe."

"Who is he? You can tell me, I'm only trying to help." he's only trying to help... but Dann will kill me if he figures out I spilled it out so soon.

"Hunter Hayes..." his eyes widened.

"Hunter Hayes? That trouble making freak? He's never good news." he grumbled.

"No, no he's not that bad, he actually nice." he raised his eyebrows again. "When he's sober. Sometimes."

"Why would you take such a ridiculous job?" he spat, almost disgusted with me.

"My acting career is failing, this was a huge opportunity, I couldn't turn it down." he nods.

"Don't worry, I won't tell a soul." he swore, then grabbed my hand to shake it. "Brad."

"Rosalie." I returned, he smiled.

"Come with me, I'll show you a better place to throw out his booze."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BRAD IS NOT DANGEROUS I SWEAR!!!! CROSS MY HEART!!!!

Anyway, what is Hunter up to? Hmm? (Clue: Look at the cover ;) )

Lia