Chapter 12

Chapter 12

-Rosalie Stevens-

Hunter and I got into the car, to go to wherever he planned to take me. I quickly buckled up, memories of the semi truck speeding towards us on our last day out making me shiver. He started up the car, and I rested my chin on the window sill, refusing to talk to him.

The scenery flew by quicker than I had wished it would, because give minutes later we had reached our destination.

A park.

With a beautiful fountain. Had he known how much I loved fountains? He grabbed my hand, which I almost tugged away from him grasp, remembering that we were in public. I relaxed and let him hold it, but not necessarily holding it back. He walked me over to this small bar and restaurant I guess, and ordered some stuff... to go?

"Why are you ordering to go?" I asked him, he smirked.

"We're not eating here, I'm taking you to someplace special." what a cheesy hopeless romantic. He got our food and walked me back across the street to the fountain. Thinking we were going to eat by the fountain, I headed towards it.

"Where are you going?" Hunter asked me, I instantly got up and followed him muttering 'sorry'. He shrugged and continued on his journey. It wasn't until then I realized that's we were eating by the fountain, or having a perfect view of it, in a gazebo. The gazebo was purple, green and blue in swirly patterns up the posts of it. Hunter set the food on the table and smiled at me, knowing he got me.

"Like it?"

It's beautiful." I smiled, which he returned.

"So, I'm really sorry for how I've behaved for the past couple of days." he said shyly, looking down at his food.

"It's ok... you didn't want to go on a date with me, and you were high and drunk..." ok that probably didn't make him feel any better, but he nodded his head anyways.

"I get it." he picked at his food and then the awkward silence came. But Hunter's charisma seemed to ease it away.

"So... this Brad guy.."

"Yeah, he's pretty cool."

"Sorry I blew up on him."

"Stop apologizing." I laughed.

"Sorry." he said, which made me laugh a little more, but quieter. Hunter seemed to stop eating for a second, before grinning and standing up.

"Come on!"

"What? Why?" he grabbed my hand and pulled me up and back towards the fountain like a little kid through the toy store. "Hunter!" I gasped out, tripping a little as he went faster than my liking.

"Sorry!" he squeaked, before continuing to pull me along. A band, or trio or something had set up in the park, hat in front of the lead singer for tips. The band was playing Rhythm of Love by The Plain White Tees, which I happened to love this song. Hunter finally stopped dragging me around, and took me by surprise when he suddenly lifted my hand up, spinning me towards him. He wrapped his arm across me before un-twirling me so he could grab my other hand in his.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered fiercely, but utterly failing and bursting into giggles. "We're not dancing are we?"

"Maybe. Maybe not." he replied smoothly.

"I can't dance!" I shrieked, almost wanting to run and hide at the idea of this.

"Well that's ok, cause I can't either. I was hoping you would know how."

"Oh save us all!" I cried out in mock misery, he laughed at me.

"Rosalie."

"What?"

"We're dancing." I looked down at our feet to surprisingly see them moving in sync with Hunter's. I gasped in amazement.

"I'm dancing. We're dancing. I can dance!" I yelled triumphantly, Hunter smirked and kept dancing with me, oblivious to the questioning stares we were getting from bystanders. Soon the song ended, even though I didn't want it to. Hunter kept holding one of my hands as we walked back up to the gazebo to retrieve our food.

"That was... fun!" I exclaimed, Hunter kept laughing at my excitement.

"I'm glad you liked it." he grinned, we reached the gazebo to find that our food had been stolen. Whoops.

"I guess we shouldn't have left huh?" Hunter shrugged.

"Well we weren't that hungry anyway, especially you missy! Filling up on ice cream!"

"I was good ice cream!"

"Pfft. Whatever."

"In my defense, I didn't know you were coming."

"Oh sureee." we continued our little walk around the city, pointing out random shops and talking about anything that came to mind.

"Ok ok, so what if you had a fear of things?"

"Things?" Hunter repeated.

"Yeah! Like you were afraid of everything."

"Then I'd want to kill myself."

"But you'd have to kill your self with a THING."

"But everything is a THING! I would have no choice!"

"You could kill yourself without things!"

"Oh and how would you do that?"

"Well you could suffocate yourself so then you wouldn't be breathing in things."

"I stand corrected." he mumbled, I laughed. "But if you even think about killing yourself isn't a thought a thing too?"

"No, a thought can't possibly be a thing."

"Yes it could! Thoughts are about things so therefore it's a thing!"

"It can't be a thing! They're imaginary!"

"But thoughts are about things and created by a thing and are kept to yourself who is a thing so thoughts are things!!"

"Ok. You win, I can't argue with that one." I sighed, Hunter fist pumped the air.

"I knew I was right." he said, holding his head up high. I rolled my eye's sarcastically.

"Oh sure you're Mister HotShot now."

"You bet I am!" he suddenly stopped and I was about to ask why, when I realized we had reached my apartment complex. We fell silent, a part of me wanting to be reunited to my couch but another wanting to stay with Hunter.

"Well.. I had fun tonight." I said, and he smiled.

"Glad you enjoyed it."

"Night Hunny."

"Night Rosy." he reached for t hand and gave it a small kiss. What a shmoozer. He turned and left to get to his car while I walked up to the entrance of my complex.

Maybe Hunter was different, maybe he was changing.

Or would he launch back into his depressed state all over again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO!!! Sorry for so much waiting time lately but I've been BUSY BUSY BUSY and I may or may have not lightly sprained my ankle... falling out of a tree... O.o whoopsie doodle

THANKS FOR 1K READS ON THIS

Lia