Chapter 25

Song: Raging Fire by Philip Phillips

Chapter 25

-Hunter Hayes-

We got to this one nice place that apparently serves good breakfast called Black Pepper. I held Rosalie's hand as we walked inside, a small group of paparazzi behind us, actually asking if they could snap some pictures. I said no thank you and they understood, going away to do something else.

"That was a weird group, wasn't it?" Rosalie giggled, and I nodded in agreement.

"If only in we're like that in America."

"Oh yeah!" a waitress led us to a table and handed us menus, leaving to get our drinks. "Really Hunter, Sunny D?"

"I can drink it if I like!" I chuckled.

"The last time I had that, I was nine!"

"You're never too old for anything!"

"You're only 22!"

"Exactly." a different waiter came to take our order, along with our drinks. My drink sloshed around in its glass as he set it down in front of me, it was orange of course, but something about it made me feel weird. I stared at my juice a moment longer before blinking.

The traffic light turned yellow, indicating to stop, even though it looked orange slightly against the dark night.

"I mean it's like yeah I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING Rosalie! I'm not gonna through my buts at a puddle of gasoline! Gosh you're so stupid sometimes its-"

"Hunter stop it!" I barked, he only rolled his eyes.

"Here we go again with the bossing! Just stop being such a stuck up!"

"Sir? Excuse me?" I looked up to see Rosalie and our waiter looking at me, concerned.

"Yes?"

"Um, you would like to order?" he repeated, I reddened in embarrassment and said the first thing that came to mind.

"I'll have what she's having." I said, the waiter nodded.

"Alright, a Dutch pancake for two!" he smiled and took our menus. She ordered a what? I rested my head in my right hand, thinking about how distracted I've been lately. I must've zoned out when he tried to take my order...

"You ok? We can leave if you want to." Rosalie asked me, I shook my head.

"No I'm fine I just... it stuck in a daydream."

"Ah." she replies, and changed the subject. "You heard much from management?"

"No not really, but when I do they just keep encouraging me to do what we're doing right now."

"So, they basically tell you all of our moves?"

"Nah, I'm the one who actually suggested everything we've been doing here."

"Really?" Rosalie's eyes widened, was she so surprised?

"Yeah, why?"

"I don't know, I just... I never thought you actually put any thought into these little dates." did she really think that? That everything I've been through was all because of what my manager was telling me to do?

"Oh my gosh, no! These are all me, you can even ask them. Besides- I love doing this with you." I blurted, she blushed and sipped at some of her water.

"Alright!" our waiter returned and laid a plate in the center of our table. A golden, flaky, pastry like thing lay in the center, shaped like a heart. "Uh, the manager thought you guys were cute and... tada!" he said awkwardly. "But anyway, enjoy!" he walked off, and Rosalie took a piece eagerly as my own piece sat on my plate and I stared at it.

"Rosalie?"

"Yeah?"

"How... how do you eat this?"

"What?" she laughed.

"It's got strawberries on it so I could use a fork, but it looks like a pastry!!! What do I do?" this only made Rosalie laugh harder.

"Eat it with your fork silly!" she said, taking another bite.

"Without syrup?"

"It's a Dutch pancake, no syrup required."

"Oh..." I took a bite, and it instantly melted in my mouth, leaving the taste of lemon and strawberries. "Oh god." I groaned, Rosalie smirked.

"Like it?"

"Why haven't I had this before?!"

"I don't know, why haven't you?"

"Shut up, I'm busy." I said getting another piece, only earning a scoff of amusement from her.

Is this what it feels like?

To really like someone? Love someone? To just do and share everything together? But is this still real if I'm supposed to be faking my attraction?

And right there, in a breakfast bar in Europe- I realized that the most important thing I may ever know of was two feet away from me.

This wasn't fake anymore, I had to make it real... I have to tell her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dutch pancakes bc my grandma made them for me when I was a wee child :3

Oh and PLEASE COMMENT YOUR NAMES TO HAVE IT FEATURED ON MY BINDER (if you already have on my other works then you don't have to again c:) WHERE I MAY PROUDLY SHOW IT OFF AT SCHOOL BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL AWESOME FOR GETTING THIS TO 7K

Speaking of school I'm starting my freshman year in 3 DAYS!!! DONT LET THEM TAKE ME AWAY FROM Y'ALL DX

Lia