Chapter 37

Chapter 37

-Hunter Hayes-

I squeezed Rosalie's hand as we came to a stop in front of my parents house. I could tell she was still nervous about everything, but it would be ok. I just knew it. 

"Ready?" I asked her, she nodded, taking off her ring and putting it in her purse, so my parents wouldn't see it. I handed her mine, instantly feeling empty without it on. 

"Ready." she breathed. We got out of the car and walked up to the house, knocking on the door. My mom opened it immediately, a smile spreading across her face at the sight of us two. 

"Hey Ma." I hugged her. "This is Rosalie, I believe you two have met briefly. 

"Oh yes I remember, hello sweetie."

"Nice to see you again Mrs. Hayes." Rosalie said politely.

"Please call me Lyn... Mrs. Hayes makes me feel old." Rosalie laughed at her comment, and she invited us inside. My dad was standing in front of a mirror in the living room, smoothing out his shirt. 

"Hey dad." I went to hug him as well, while Rosalie stood awkwardly behind me. 

"This is Rosalie, yes?" he directed his eyes toward her. I nodded. 

"That would be me." she answered the question. "It's nice to see you again."

"You too." he replied. 

"Ready to go?" I asked them, and they nodded, going out the door so we could drive to the restaurant. 

-Rosalie Stevens-

I was scared. Correction, I was silently freaking out/dying inside. The car ride was mostly silent, except for the moments where his parents asked me about my life and what has changed in my career. Thankfully the restaurant wasn't too far away, so awkward silences weren't encountered for too long. Hunter helped his mom out of the car, and I internally awed at how much of a gentleman he was. Leo seemed to take notice and his eyes shine with pride in his son. 

"That's one of the reasons I love him." I grinned, not exactly talking to anyone in particular, but Leo nodded. 

We walked into the restaurant, Hunter asking for our reservation. 

"I can't believe Hunter still remembers this was my favorite place to go to." Lyn whispered to me, and I nodded. Hunter had a really close connection with his parents, which was kind of sad, because I hadn't talked to mine as often as he did, or seen them on a regular basis. I suddenly started to feel guilty about how I've treated them, just because they didn't support my acting dream, and that I didn't call them when I got the part on Big Bang Theory to thank them. I made a mental note that the second I was back home I would call them. 

Our waiter lead us to a table for four, and went off to get our preferences for drinks. We all looked over the menu for a minute before Lynette asked the question I was dreading about for the whole night. 

"So, what is this surprise you told me about?" she asked, looking at both of us, Leo doing the same. I slipped Hunter his ring under the table and I rubbed mine between my index finger  and thumb, before slipping on, knowing I would most likely end up dropping it. I swallowed, decided that I was not going to be the shy one anymore. 

"We're engaged." I blurted, almost laughing at the end, holding up my hand, Hunter mimicking my movements. They stared at us for a moment, before they both broke into expressions of amazement. 

"You're engaged!" Lynette echoed, her eyes starting to water. "I can't believe it! Congratulations you two!" she reached across the table to examine my ring, while Hunters dad was still speechless. 

"Well son, I can definitely say that you made an amazing choice." 

"Thanks, dad." Hunter seemed relived to have his parents approval too. 

"So when's the wedding?" Lynette asked, and I turned to Hunter. 

"We aren't really sure, actually. We want an outdoor one, but we might have to travel if we want to avoid cold weather." I explained, she nodded, understanding. 

"Yes, but just asking, do you two think you can wait until spring to do that? It's nearly six months." Lyn pointed out, I looked to Hunter, who seemed to be thinking the same thing as me. 

"I guess not, no." he chuckled. "We could have an indoor one, some of these churches are beautiful."

"I think so too." I turned back to Lyn. "Thank you, I guess we hadn't really thought this through."

"No problem, just call us when you think you have a date, I'd love to help you plan it."

"That would be wonderful." I sighed, knowing that with Lynette by my side, I would for sure not turn into one of those 'bride-zillas'. Our waiter came to our table and asked us what we wanted to eat, and the night flew right by after that. Things were definitely going to work out with the Hayes family for me. 

But my family? I wasn't so sure...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BOOP HI

So yep 2/4 parents approval has been given! Now what about the other two.... Hmm

I just now realized how much this story has inflicted on my writing skills, my first story looks like it was written by a fourth grader, and now it had definitely improved since then! Thank you so much for reading my stuff and voting and commenting for me to keep writing because I'm being recommended for AP english which I never would've dreamed would happen! To be honest before Wattpad and the hayniac life, I HATED writing... Now look at me XD

So thanks!! YOU GUYS ROCK

Lia