Chapter 1

Chapter 1

-Hunter Hayes-

I seriously don't know what's gotten into me, I'm going paranoid over this. I was only trying TO HELP! But no one listens to me, no one understands the world through my eyes. I stood backstage, a million thoughts running through my head as I listened to my fans chanted my name.

"Come on Hunter, at least warm up." Andy tried to encourage me, picking up my guitar and holding it out to me. I shook my head.

"No, I don't want it. If I can't help others, then why should I help myself?" I spat like a stubborn child, turning away from him. A look of hurt instantly crossed his face, but it changed to anger. Dann must've heard me complaining, because he came power walking over to me. Just great. Andy marched up to him and shoved my guitar in Dann's hands.

"You need to get him in line." He scolded, Dann just stared at him blankly, his own employee talking back to him. Andy disappeared and Dann's grip on the neck of the guitar tightens, making the strings rub against the frets.

"Hunter what has gotten into you? Being rude to your own band mates! Snap out of it, we have a show in 10 minutes!"

"I was doing the right thing! Stop telling me what decisions I should make!" I snarled at him, he looked taken a back. I never acted like this with him.

"You listen up Hunter. You're gonna get out and perform for those people out there or you're in some dead trouble." he commanded me, I was nervous about what I wanted to say next, but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything anymore.

"No. You can't make me." I uncrossed my arms and ran out of the arena, Dann's enraged shouts heard behind me. But like I said, I didn't care, so I don't have to think. But who knows what was happening, because the next thing I know, I find myself at a gas station. I marched through the door, maybe drawing too much attention as I walked through the aisles the trying to find what I needed. I was too stressed, I needed an escape. I grabbed a few of them and went to the counter, the cashier recognizing me.

"Oh my gosh! You're Hunter Hayes! You're such an inspiration to me and-"

"Yeah could you just ring me up?" I cut off her babbling and she looked slightly hurt and ticked off.

"Well what is it that you're purchasing tonight." she asked coldly, I guess I just lost a fan. I set them on the counter, and her eyes widened slightly.

"Alright... That'll be $10.89." I threw her eleven dollars.

"Keep the change." and before she could protest, I grabbed my bag and walked out, leaving her with the measly extra 11 cents. I rounded the corner to a darker spot, where no one in the gas station could see me and I pulled out the long brown piece of glass from my bag. I snapped open the cap and tossed it in the road before taking a deep sip. Being one of the first times I ever really drank, the liquid tastes awful, but I resist the urge to spit it out and swallow it. Feeling the buzz similar to the one you get for eating a slice of lemon, I drank the alcohol quickly, the burning sensation eventually becoming nothing but a smooth, cool flow down my throat. My bottle was quickly emptied and I played around with it, a little sad it was gone. Shrugging I threw it on the sidewalk, shattering the bottle. I reached for another, already feeling relaxed by just touching the cool glass. I hummed a tune of pleasure as the beer felt smooth on my tongue now.

And before I knew it, I was drunk.

I raised my hand in the air and hailed a taxi over.

"Where to?" asks the driver.

"The arenaaa... Not too far from 'ere" I tried my best not to slur my speech too much, but apparently that didn't work. The driver looked back at me.

"You drunk, boy?" he asked me, I laughed.

"Yup!" and then I clapped my hands together like a retarded seal. Wow I act weird when I'm drunk... The driver rolled his eyes and started talking about who knows what and I slowly start to get sleepy.

"Ahaha look at all the pretty lights!" I laughed, drowsily. The taxi pulled up to the arena and I paid the driver. I stumbled out walked up to the area, trying to look sober. I pushed open a door and Sam instantly spots me. Crap.

"Hunter what the hell?! The program is over!!! We've been-" Sam stopped and breathed deeply. "Have you been drinking?!"

"No!" I protested.

"You reek of alcohol man!" Sam studied me more. "You have definitely been drinking."

"Have not!"

"Yeah right. Your nose has officially stretched to China, Pinocchio!" Sam clenched his fists together. "What has gotten into you?!"

"Nothing! I'm being myself!"

"Dann! Get over here! I found him!" Dann comes sprinting out of hallway, and the second he see's me his face is red with anger.

"Hunter what the hel- have you been drinking?!" he screeched. I brushed off his yelling.

"I have not! Why won't you guys believe me?"

"Because you're lying, this is going to far."

"Just leave me alone, I can make my own decisions."

"Clearly you can't! You need to-"

"Whoa, hey there buddy calm down." Sam cut Dann off and slung my arm across his shoulder. I started to sway a little bit, gosh everything was swirling around.

"Wahts happeninging." I stuttered as it began getting all blurry.

"No, no, no, no. Come Hunter stay awake. Don't fall asleep, fight the spinning." Sam coaxed, but I really didn't have any strength left to fight anything anymore.

Darkness swallowed me.

Alright. I know, most of you guys are like WAAAHHHTTT he drinks and is a total bad ass now?! What happened to sweet Hunter?

Well, in this story that's not exactly the case.

You see, in everybody's story, that's what Hunter is like, sweet and caring and adorable but NOPE NOT HERE SISTA

I want mine to be different, not just your typical fan fiction. So if you don't like the idea of a gangster Hunter, then this isn't your story.

And I'm sorry for the late update, I didn't have wifi much xD

Lia