Chapter 34

Chapter 34

-Rosalie Stevens-

"I'm very sorry, Ms. Stevens." Dr. Sullivan offered a comforting hand on my shoulder, but I sobbed and ripped away from him grip, walking quickly to the elevator. I sniffed in horror of what I had just been told as I pressed the DOWN button.

I lost him.

This was all my fault. I knew it. If I hadn't accepted the job to pretend to love him, if I hadn't ran into Dann that one day, if I had done a better job at making my friggin career more successful, none of this would've happened. The elevator doors slid open and I shielded my face with one mitten covered hand, still quietly sobbing to myself. I walked out of the hospital and into the crisp New York air, walking down the street, just to find a bench, something to sit on and think for a moment. My hands still covering my face, I lover one just outside the door and sat down, the cold metal nipping at my skin through my jeans. I dragged my hands down my face and tilted my head back, trying to get myself together. I slouched back over and sniffed, thinking about everything that had just happened back in that hospital room.

Surgery. Legal limits. One out of four chances. Destruction.

And all my fault.

You ruined everything. The depressed voice rang in my head, only making me want to cry even more. I wiped my eyes, feeling my tears frozen to my cheeks, hard as diamonds. I sighed, realizing that sitting here was getting me nowhere, and I wouldn't have enough time to fly back to Tennessee, so I might as well get a room for tonight.

~~~~

Sleep came to me easier than I thought it would, and unfortunately with sleep, comes dreams.

"Rosalie!" he yelled, I turned around to see my beloved Hunter waving frantically. I instantly turned around from the direction I was walking in and went towards him, just wanting to see him again up close. He wrapped his arms around me in a hug, his embrace making me feel like I was being held by an angel. his warmth seeped into me, my body cold from staying outside for so long.

"I missed you so much." I mumbled into his shirt.

"I missed you too." he pulled away and looked me in the eyes, his own dull and weary. "I'm so sorry, baby."

"For what?" I asked him, not quite remembering everything.

"For drinking again. I was stupid. I'm sorry I didn't think and connect that it couldn't have been you. I knew you wouldn't cheat on me, but it was all so sudden that I couldn't think clearly."

"Its ok." I whispered, hugging him again. "I can't believe it's really you."

"It is, it is." he reassured, kissing my forehead. "But you're going to have to wake up." he said suddenly, I pulled away from him.

"What? But I don't want to leave."

"Rosalie. You have to wake up." he said urgently. "Something is happening."

"I don't-"

"Rosalie!! Just wake up!" he screamed, causing me to close my eyes harshly.

I jolted awake, my phone ringing by my side. I scrambled over to the other side of the bed to get it. With shaking hands I answered it, holding it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I breathed.

"Rosalie Stevens?" a female voice asked me.

"Yes?"

"We need you at the hospital. Stat." I looked to my clock, was really 9 AM already?

"Ok, is it Hunter?"

"Yes. Please hurry."

"I'm on my way." I hung up and threw on some random clothes, knowing I needed to get to that hospital as fast as I could.

~~~~

I burst through the doors, and went to the desk.

"Hunter Hayes?" I asked, the lady at the desk nodded and told me the floor he was on. I thanked her and went to the stairs, seeing there was no time for the elevator. If something bad was happening, then I had to go, no obstacles. Four flights of stairs had me breathing heavier, but I pushed open the floor door anyway and walked quickly down the hall to find him.

"Dr. Sullivan!" I shouted, recognizing him. He nodded.

"Rosalie! Come." he motioned me over.

"How is he?" I asked, out of breath.

"In a lot of pain, but healing." he said reassuringly. "Just woke up an hour ago." I sighed in relief.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much!"

"Would you like to see him?"

"Please." I nodded, he guided me inside the room he had came out of. He pushed the curtain back, allowing me to go through first.

And there he was. Tired eyed and in a hospital bed, but alive.

"Rosalie." he croaked, dry throated. I rushed forward and gave him am awkward hug over the edge of the bed. "You came."

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked softly.

"Because I have been such a jerk to you."

"Only because you cared about me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO!!! Sorry for being so lame at updating lately :( balancing school and you guys is hard...

But anyway! We're almost done with Fake It! Wow and I just started this back... This summer wow four months w00t!

Keep your eyes on the stars, and feet on the ground!

Lia