Chapter 16

Chapter 16

-Rosalie Stevens-

"Do you know what's wrong with him?" I fretted, his doctor sighed.

"We have an idea but we can't be sure without some testing first."

"Oh... ok." the doctor gave a friendly nod before turning to catch up with another patient, leaving me with Brad to look at Hunter passed out on his hospital bed. Brad was shaking his head at the sight of him, attached to a heart monitor.

"I just don't get it."

"Get what?" I asked him, he let and a curt sigh and guest urged towards Hunter.

"Why is doing this to himself? He was perfectly happy before an he suddenly just blew up." Come to think of it, I had never asked why he had suddenly changed his ways, and I didn't have any ideas either.

"I, I don't know he never told me." I shrugged, this thought began to bug me quite a bit, and now I had some sort of obsession with wanting to know why. "Hold on I'll call his manager, I'm sure he knows." I scrolled through my phone, looking for Dann. Brad simply nodded, and began to sway back and forth awkwardly. Finding Dann, I held the phone up to my ear and waiting for him to pick up, as I was, Brad leaned into my ear and whispered.

"If it doesn't work out with him, I'm here." he said, and with a wink I thought he could never do, left the hospital room like he was Beyonce. I myself, dumbfounded stared at the spot where he use to be standing, mouth dropped open in shock, disgust and joy. This whole time could I have been leading him on? I grunted in frustration, why did I gave guys at my feet like this all the sudden?!

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Oh hi, sorry Dann." I apologized, I had completely forgotten I called him.

"Oh it just you." he said. "What's going on?"

"I was just wondering... uh... why is Hunter so depressed in the first place?" Dann stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Oh he uh, he got in trouble with another record company for helping out this one singer-song writer who wasn't with Atlantic Records." that's it? That's what this is all about?

"He seems to be overreacting a bit..." I sighed.

"Oh?"

"Yeah he uh... may or may not be in the hospital right now..."

"HE'S WHAT?!"

"No it's ok! Or at least I think it's ok but really-"

"Why didn't you tell me before? I'm coming over there, which hospital are you at?"

"Same one where he first ended up at."

"Ok got it." and without even saying bye, he hung up. I turned my phone off and sat beside Hunter's bed in one of the visitor's chairs. Hunter was unconscious, but his heart rate remained steady and surely. I could barely even hear one of the doctors walk in.

"Ms. Stevens?"

"Yes?" I asked, not even looking up from him.

"I'm afraid we've come to a bad end on Hunter's condition." I stood up and walked over.

"What's wrong? Will he be ok?"

"According to observations and how you said he was acting, no test is necessary to know what's wrong with him. It's sad to say he has gastritis."

"Gastritis?"

"Yes, he drank so much alcohol so fast, it has burned a hole in his stomach."

"Oh my god..." I murmured, Hunter was this upset? "Can it be treated?"

"Thankfully, yes. But it will take a long time for him to heal."

"Wow I... thank you, for making sure he would be ok."

"Your welcome, but visiting hours end in 10 minutes ma'am, and I would suggest you get going." I sighed disappointed.

"Ok, I understand." I stood up and began walking out the door.

"You know, most people partners would beg to stay over night." she said, and I began panicking.

"Well, I have to get going anyway." I stuttered.

"Is there something troubling your relationship?" I cringed, there was a whole lot of things troubling my LIFE.

"No, I'm fine." I said simply. "Goodnight." I left and she didn't say anything else. I shook my head, did I almost give away my, our, secret?

Well, I guess I just have to hope I was convincing enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HIIIII MY BEAUTIFUL READERS FOR I AM QUITE HAPPY TODAY!!! 5SOS HAS RELEASED THEIR NEW ALBUM TODAY AND HOPEFULLY MY MOM WILL TAKE ME TO BUY IT YAY

But gastritis? This isn't too good...

Lia