Chapter 17

Chapter 17

-Rosalie Stevens-

Just pulling the covers up over me, my phone decided to ring. I groaned on frustration as I threw my hand on the nightstand for it.

"Hello?" I tried my best not to sound grouchy.

"Uh hi Rosalie, it's Matt."

"At 2 a.m."

"Yes but uh Hunter's trail for charges for all of the alcohol he's been drinking is scheduled for tomorrow and the hospital says he's woken up. So, would you be interested in being his plus one because you're his... yeah."

"Of course, I will."

"Okay, the band and I will come and get you tomorrow at 10."

"In the morning?"

"Sadly."

"Ok... see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and set the phone back onto the nightstand, falling back onto my bed. I ran my hands down my face, overly exhausted. Now I'd never get enough sleep. I knew I shouldn't be thinking about everything when I needed sleep, but a million thoughts buzzed in my head. Was there something between me and Brad that could eventually grow? I mean, there couldn't be. A fake relationship and a real one at the same time didn't sound easy. Especially since the fake one was with a celebrity and the other with some backwoods dude. I rolled over onto my stomach, trying to sleep but failed.

The whole night I tossed and turned, and in common sense, it was all Hunter's fault.

By morning I was groggy, but it was 9:45, and I couldn't sleep any longer, so I got up. Plugging in my coffee maker I went to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready. I looked at my reflection in the mirror to see faint blackish outlines of dark circles. Great.

After I dried my hair I attempted to cover up the bags, and somewhat succeeded. A knock was heard on my door, an I ran out of the bathroom, feet pounding against the floor.

"Coming!" I called, grabbing a thermal and pouring my coffee in it, along with sweeteners. Swinging open the door, Matt stood there.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah." I replied, following him out of my complex.

The car. or van I should say, consisted of the whole band, myself, and Hunter, who still looked a bit out of it. I took a seat beside him and Matt took the wheel, starting the vehicle up and driving to the court house.

"You feeling better?" I whispered, Hunter nodded.

"Yeah I guess, there's still a slight sting but they're only letting me out for today." I nodded and the whole ride there it stayed silent other than the faint playing of the radio.

~~~

We reached the court house, and the van was instantly surrounded by flashing cameras like the day I had left Hunter in the rain.

"Ok, Devo and I are getting out first, then Hunter and Rosalie, and then Sam, Andy and Steve. Don't let anyone get these two." Matt instructed, referring to us.

"Thanks, Matt." he only nodded and got out with Devo. Taking a deep breath, I slid the door open for the lights and lens to finally reach us. Hunter took my hand, and helped me out, wrapping his arm around me protectively.

"Don't answer any of them." he whispered to me, I bowed my head down and cupped a hand to one side of my face to shield it from paparazzi. Even though I didn't answer, I could hear them.

"Rosalie! Tell us about your relationship!"

"Hunter! What has gotten into you?"

"Care to tell us why you're here today?"

"Is it true you're pregnant Ms. Stevens?"

"Hunter Hayes! Have you been stealing drugs from across the border?"

All of these things almost made me want to cry, why were they all so mean? And where did they hear these things?

Hunter and I got into the court house, and the other three of the band quickly closed to door, possibly pinching a finger or two of the reporters. Hunters arm was still across my shoulder, and I snuggled up to his side more, as if they would come inside. We walked to our courtroom, Hunter using his free hand to grab the brochure for his visit. The doors were big and older looking, and the guys pushed it open for us. We walked in, everyone turning to look at the drunk and his helpless girlfriend. I spotted Leo and Lynette, Hunter's parents, sitting behind the defendants area. Someone lightly tugged on my jacket and I turned to look at them, it was only Steve.

"Uh Rosalie, you'll have to sit with us. Only Hunter and his lawyer sit up there." I nodded and slipped away from Hunter, he turned around and looked at me, wondering why I moved away.

"I'll be right behind you." I murmured, he whispered a barely audible 'ok' and sat in his seat, while I took the one directly behind him in the rows, his parents behind me.

"Are you... Rosalie?" I turned around to see Lynette talking to me.

"Oh yeah, hi." I shook both of their hands and I discovered that they were actually very nice people. Soon the judge came out, and after she looked at a but of information, she looked over at Hunter. I reached my hand over to him and he grabbed it, squeezing it lightly.

"After what I've seen, I declare Hunter Hayes guilty of these charges. You are required to pay a fine of $3,000. Case closed." everyone cleared out of the room, and I met up with Hunter, wrapping him in a hug.

"You ok?" I asked him, he let out a long sigh.

"Yeah, I guess I fine." he shrugged, I grabbed a hold of his hand and we walked out again, the paparazzi awaiting us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAAIII!!! I decided I like this chapter so much I'm going to give it a song that sets the feeling

Amnesia- 5 Seconds of Summer

"Cos I'm not fine at all."

Lia